Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

underpaid?

re... : underpaid?           reply
10/06/2014 15:33 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
Thanks for your reply. I get 50 a day cash in hand. It works out a little over 5 euro per hour.

11/06/2014 09:58 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
The going rate for 3 children is €10-12 and that´s net
Dnt let them take an advantage of you! Slavery is illegal from what I understand!

11/06/2014 10:33 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
some people think they own you.because they pay you. but dont jump the gun by deciding to leave try and talk to them.if they wont listen then apply for another position.people shouldent look down on childminders.these are the people who are caring for their kids.not all parents are like that there is some great parents out there. who respect what minders are doing for them and dont treat them like their personal skivvys.

10/06/2014 22:37 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
your the childminder you should only be cooking for the kids.not cooking for the parents.if you are doing the parents laundry i would cut that out. also your also paying for petrol out of your own wages.the parents have a nice cushty thing going.theres so many people on schooldays that are being treated like a personal slave.slavery was abolished a long time ago.if people want their cake and eat it.they should be paying for it.

11/06/2014 09:55 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Thanks to everyone for their replies. I really need to consider a new job because its just not enough. However, my understanding is that people working in a creche get around 10 euro an hour for doing a lot more work. Its just the days are so long and they are late coming back quiet often. Many parents seem to look down on the people who care for their children. Childcare professionals just do not get enough recognition for what we do.
Thanks again everyone. You all have given me a lot to think about.

11/06/2014 09:54 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
I think pple just got so use to giving out about how can they not afford to pay! Why can´t they send their kids to crèche?? Crèche wouldn´t give a damn about their money problems....
Funny is how everyone can´t afford a good nanny and expects slavery....

10/06/2014 18:43 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Shocking low...however if you say something, the parents could go somewhere. Another on here cut out cleaning etc...

re : underpaid?           reply
10/06/2014 15:09 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
if u give your wage it will spark a reaction here...there is a previous thread here lately identical to your almost. It seems to be 10 to 12 euro an hour for childminding n perhaps bit cooking n clean as you go....cleaner are 15euro an hour.
re bank hols.hol pay you are a domestic servant n revenue govern these as your employer is supposed to pay ur prsi etc..is it cash in hand position...childminders in own home are self employed so can set their own terms n conditions.....

11/06/2014 06:47 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Pple dnt realize that we are looking after their children and their home.
I´ve been offered as little as 60 a day for 3 children 10 hrs a day
It´s a joke:..

underpaid?           reply
10/06/2014 12:10 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hi everyone. I am looking for some realistic feedback on this. I am currently minding two children five days a week for 48 hours a week in the children´s home. I am cooking all meals, doing a lot of driving collecting the children, doing washing and light house work. I am paid at a set amount per day. I am not appreciated and do not get holiday pay or paid on bank holidays. My questions are: do most parents pay their minder for bank holidays? And also how much per day are people getting/paying for 2 children? I feel I am underpaid so I am very curious.

Thanks in advance.

11/06/2014 09:43 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
you should be getting at least 10 euro an hour for minding.you are also cooking for the whole family and cleaning their house.i would stop cooking for the parents altogether.why cant they cook for themselves.how many miles do you drive a week that all adds up.if someone asked me to cook and take care of their house for them aswell as the kids i would say no we are not their personal housekeepers.i think some people have a nerve to even ask that question.when you first started the job was it just minding and a bit of cooking for the kids.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;