Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

re; term time minding

re : re; term time minding           reply
04/05/2013 08:52 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
I childmind term time also. I dont charge for holiday time, however the parents can drop up any day they wish for the daily rate. I dont look at it as the parents having a free day but myself having work! Have you discussed the children coming back next September? You could bring it up with the parent/s along the lines of what are your plans for the summer hols as its getting near the time I need to advertise etc.

re; term time minding           reply
03/05/2013 17:39 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay (Locality: Dublin North)
-----------------------------------
Hi, Im looking for some advice. I´ve been minding a primary teachers 3 little boys since last september. Twins are 3 and a 4 year old. They are dropped to me at 7.30 and i give them breakfast and drop them to creche at 9am. I pick them up at 12. I mind them untill 3. We never really discussed summer holidays and the mother of the boys finishes up late June. For her to hold onto me because i will be without work for 8 weeks should she give me half of the money or give the children to me every so often in the summer. I feel if she drops the children to me every now and then its a free day for her and i feel a bit of a slave. Sometimes its nice to feel appreciated. Please some advice needed.
Thanks maura.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;