Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

qualified or non qualified

re : qualified or non qualified           reply
27/02/2014 00:21 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
Both!!
Obviously I prefer an unqualified loving person over someone qualified but less loving, but why not look for someone with both. To get voluntary notification is relatively easy, a minder needs to train in First Aid, get insurance and Garda clearance and fill in a few forms. So I wouldn´t be afraid to ask a minder to do it.
thing to

re... : qualified or non qualified           reply
24/02/2014 10:53 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
i think first aid is a must even for a mom minding children.i had a chocking baby
some years ago i had just done paediatric first aid and thank god for that.
very stressful experience.

24/02/2014 11:04 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
i had a childminder .a few years back.she was not FETAC qualified.but had first aid training. she was the best minder.anyone could ask for.she has four kids herself.and looked after three others.she dident plonk them in front of a tv all day.she provided different activities each day.and also learns them the basics in first aid.she has learns most of her mindees how to swim.once a week.mainly a friday.she has a cookery class .where she helps them make cakes.which they bring home.just because someone dosent have fetac qualifications.dosent mean they are not as good as someone who does.i chose to go with the mother who had 18 yrs experience with her own kids.but we all have different views and opinions.

22/02/2014 16:55 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
As a minder with qualifications and experience, they love to see the certs etc. but do not want to pay accordingly

qualified or non qualified           reply
22/02/2014 15:07 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
who would parents rather go with.a childminder with all her qualifications.yrs under her belt.or a stay at home mother no qualifications. but with the same experience.

22/02/2014 17:03 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
my friend is a childminder.fantastic with kids.the 2 kids shes minding adore her.she has no qualifications. just her own experience.she has 3 kids of her own.and she treats the 2 kids shes minding the same as her own.i think at the end of the day.its who a parent feels their child/children will be safe with.qualifications or not.

24/02/2014 10:18 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
I would ideally like to see something in First Aid and paediatric First Aid as a priority.
It would be good for them to be FETAC qualified as I would like to think that if i´m paying for someone to look after my children they are have L&D knowledge to provide the appropiate education and care, also that my childs well-being and is facilitated through activities and positive interaction.
Pay would be determinded on experience and education etc.

23/02/2014 15:39 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
yes mindermum your so right.

re : qualified or non qualified           reply
22/02/2014 16:19 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
very good question ,im a qualified minder.
hope parents answer i would love feed back on that.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;