Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

presents for teachers???

re... : presents for teachers???           reply
26/06/2007 19:47 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
-----------------------------------
Am a 35 year old teacher! We LOVE bottles of wine or a voucher. No candles or small ornaments!!

re : presents for teachers???           reply
27/06/2007 13:15 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
I´m a teacher and I love candles and small ornaments!!! In fact it´s lovely to get anything at all from a child -a bar of chocolate, a biro, anything- it does not have to be big or expensive. A child will usually know what their teacher likes- the most unusual present I ever got was a bottle of demister for the car windscreen! I don´t know if there was some deeper meaning to it!

22/06/2007 08:19 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
Hi Pooch
We do a quick whip round for the kids teacher in our school. One mum volunteers to collect about €10 from each parent. We usually collect about €150 and buu a small piece of jewellery and then give the rest as a voucher. In this way the teacher gets quite a substantial present. If its too late to do a collection and you are going on your own, avoid candles, soap and por purri (I´m sure I´ve spelt that wrong) as they get loads. I know from some of my teacher friends that they appreciate a bottle of wine or a small gift token rather than more candles!

22/06/2007 10:56 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
My kids used to buy school stuff for their teachers, this started when my eldest was in first class and we went to buy his teacher a present, he insisted he wanted to get her whiteboard markers and chalk as she had often not been able to get them in school. So from then I would let the children decide what they thought the teacher needed, over the years they have bought, whiteboard markers, white and coloured chalk, red pens, pencils, colouring pencils, coloured paper, floppy disks, music cds and a variety of other things that they felt their teachers needed. Teachers were always delighted to get these things and my children loved when the teacher made an issue of using something they gave them, several children joined in with this idea and so there were fewer candles and mugs being given. I would also give the teacher a present of a bottle of wine from me.

presents for teachers???           reply
21/06/2007 22:07 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
Hi everyone,
my daughter has had a fantastic teacher this year and I would love to get her something to say I appreciate the year she has put in with my child. Her confidence has grown, her ability in reading and maths is amazing and she just loves her teacher to bits. Any ideas??

discussion forum terms & conditions

;