Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

how to work out the cost??

re... : how to work out the cost??           reply
03/12/2013 17:32 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
Thanks for your replies.Just checking.-I should only charge for the hours the children are with me,not while they are in school/playschool, although I would be expected to be able to pick them up if they get sick while in school?
mum of some.. is it just if you go overHALF an hr that you charge for another hr or is it if you go into any part of the next hr?
Thanks

how to work out the cost??           reply
01/12/2013 19:09 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay (Locality: Roscommon)
Could you advise on how to calculate the cost of children you have for a few hours before and after playschool and primary school..... ie 2 children. Do u charge 5 euro per hr for 1 child who finishes playschool at 1230 and then increase the fee to 8 euro per hr when you have the 2 of them together from 2 o clock onwards?
Also what about the 1/2 hrs.... do you charge them as a full hr or what way does that work? Im just starting back into childminding after rearing my own and could do with a little advise on how to charge properly!Thanks.

re : how to work out the cost??           reply
01/12/2013 21:17 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hi, yes i would charge 5 for 1 child per hour and 8 for 2 children. Some childminders charge 5 per hour either way, so would be 10 per hour for the 2. As it´s per hour, you would charge for 2hrs when it goes over the 1 hr. :-)

09/12/2013 14:22 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
its if they go in to any part of the next hour that you would charge them an hour, if your expected to be on call while the kids are at school they you should be paid for all hours ur on call aswell

03/12/2013 12:32 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
half hours are in to the second hour so charge for the full hour

discussion forum terms & conditions

;