Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

how to secure school place when relocating?

re... : how to secure school place when relocating?           reply
01/03/2009 19:27 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
-----------------------------------
i no that but she siad that her childs name were down in cork as well so thats why i mention it

28/02/2009 15:42 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
Rola is moving from Cork to Dublin (not the other way around). Best of luck, Rola and I do hope that you are lucky with the school search in Dublin!

re : how to secure school place when relocating?           reply
24/02/2009 23:45 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
Sorry I can´t help you with the Dublin dilemma. Just one word of advice- if/when you are definitely moving, don´t forget to notify the Cork schools where her name is down, as they need to plan ahead for 2010 also.
Best of luck in the move to Dublin. Hope all works out for you.

22/07/2009 19:48 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
All the schools in Dublin have their own enrollment criteria, whether it be religion, length of time on waiting list, siblings already attending school, etc. If you don´t know whether you´ll be northside or southside or even how far in/out you´ll be, I guess try the scattergun approach and put her name down for a number of schools and you can narrow it down when you´ve got more concrete plans. This website (Schooldays.ie) has a list of primary schools in the Dublin area, so just get a Dublin A-Z map and start dialling!

25/02/2009 14:11 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
i would recommend gealscoil u riada in cork its a fantastic school and the teachers are brillant

how to secure school place when relocating?           reply
24/02/2009 22:11 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures (Locality: Dublin South)
Hi there,

We´re moving from Cork to Dublin this year but we don´t know where we´ll be living (most likely southside) or when we´ll be arriving (most likely over the summer months). DD is due to start school in Sept 2010 and I´m wondering what the procedure is for getting her into a school at this stage?

Is there a general application procedure or does each school have its own procedure? Is there a school in each area that is somehow obliged to take her?

I don´t know where to begin to be honest! Should I just do nothing until we know where we´ll be living? What if this is as late as Dec 09? Is this too late? What will happen to her? I have her name down in Cork since she was born, do people do the same in Dublin?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

25/02/2009 08:57 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
thanks goldilocks, will do.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;