Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

how much to pay childminder to have kids minded in their own home

re... : how much to pay childminder to have kids minded in their own home           reply
24/07/2016 15:43 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
MinderOfChild
My head couldn´t diplomatically say what you did, ESP not as eloquently!
I was trying to think how to say it but, being a Sunday (cooking for the month ahead for my mindees, since 9am) head is on shit down mode lol

re : how much to pay childminder to have kids minded in their own home           reply
24/07/2016 14:59 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hi lots of child minders will work in your home for cash . The rate for a person to mind your kids is in the house is 10 per hour and if they have to drive to schools then maybe petrol money. Lots of childminders will also give a daily rate.

re... : how much to pay childminder to have kids minded in their own home           reply
24/07/2016 15:34 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
They might work for cash but without going legit, if anything happens there is NO comeback
Childminder won´t be working up stamps, parents won´t be able to have comeback if something happens!
I´d never trust anyone to look after my kids if they weren´t legitimately doing it!!
I´d also not trust parents of kids I was minding if not going legit - my rights wouldn´t be protected etc
I only mind in my own home to cut this hassle! I take care of wage slips / taxes etc myself

how much to pay childminder to have kids minded in their own home           reply
20/06/2016 20:51 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay (Locality: Kildare)
hi
i am returning to work next month and wondering how much to pay a childminder per hour to have my 3 kids minded in their own home.
2 of the 3 children will leave in the morning with me and i will drop them to school
childminder will be home with the 1 year old from 9-2pm when she will then be requiredto collect the 2 school going kids from school and then mind all 3 in my home from 2-5pm.
Approx 81/2 -9 hour days 4 days per week

re : how much to pay childminder to have kids minded in their own home           reply
20/06/2016 21:32 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Legally speaking
Once a childminder works in your home, minimum wage applies.
You´re also obliged to provide holidays, sort taxes etc
Minimum wage is a minimum requirement some may expect more (for more than one child)
This form of childcare is the most expensive
Xx

21/06/2016 05:31 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
It´s a nanny your looking to employ with all points Peng said, plus you need offer a contract, wageslips...ring revenue they very helpful.
For three kids, your starting point probably 12-15euro an hr, every hour depending on nanny in question, experience, qualifications etc. Less if you providing a car in many cases.

24/07/2016 15:40 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Kate, what your discussing is illegal, a nanny in the family home is protected by employment law. Revenue are actively interested in families not paying prsi for their employee. However it´s more the social welfare sector that is catching families as if job goes and nanny goes to look for welfare or worse a family is paying cash to a nanny claiming welfare gets caught out its the family who gets fined plus has to repay the illegally claimed welfare payment. Not to mention if a nanny had an accident in family home and not covered. Nor is anyone covered if nanny driving kids to school as domestic policy not cover her.
It´s main reason why childminder/Creche more favourite option as family using a service.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;