Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

how much to pay a relative to mind child in own home

re : how much to pay a relative to mind child in own home           reply
14/12/2014 00:00 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
5 euro an hour is the going rate for one baby.

re : how much to pay a relative to mind child in own home           reply
13/12/2014 13:52 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
it would be 5 euro per hour how many hours will you be needed for.you could also mention half rate pay if any holidays are taken and half rate for any sick days.7 days is going to be hard work most only mind for 5 days.

how much to pay a relative to mind child in own home           reply
08/12/2014 18:24 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hi
Hoping someone could help. How much should I pay a relative to mind my baby in my own home for a seven hour day? I know there are varying rates and she is leaving it up to me to come up with a figure. I don´t want to insult her but I also can´t really afford a huge amount either so I really don´t know where to start.
Also, just as a side query - would I need to keep the fridge stocked etc, to provide lunch and snacks for her etc. I am hopeless at keeping food in the house and kind of buy as I go so is it expected to have food for her, apart from the obvious tea and biscuits etc that would be there anyway!!

re... : how much to pay a relative to mind child in own home           reply
14/12/2014 01:10 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
5euro an hr is in childminders house as minder potential to mix families etc...in your home your paying at least minimum wage, register as employer etc, its the most expensive form of childcare as exclusive n v convenient for you as a parent...id assume light food but I do read some nannies bringing packed lunch same as any other worker would..also consider light, heat, wifi etc being used all day...also ensure a clear contact as falling out with a relative could be devasting for all concerned...

discussion forum terms & conditions

;