Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

from Florence to Dublin

re... : from Florence to Dublin           reply
12/07/2013 11:19 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
-----------------------------------
Thank you very much! We should stay in Dublin 6 so I´m making research about schools in that area. Maybe you know if pre school and primary schools are on the same place usually? Or you have some advice about one partuculary school in that area.
Milena

re : from Florence to Dublin           reply
12/07/2013 11:13 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
Hi Milena
A lot will depend on whether the schools can accommodate your children in January and whether there is any language supports available in the schools for your children - there have been a lot of cut backs here and there is less language support available.
The best thing to do would be to contact schools in the area that you think you will be living in September (they are closed now) to see if they can provide places and language support. In the meantime, it would really help your children to settle if they could start learning english before they arrive in January.

from Florence to Dublin           reply
11/07/2013 09:50 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
Hello,
My family and I will be moving in Dublin from Florence, Italy next year.We have 3 sons; 5,8 and 10 years old and I´m trying to find out how choose and apply for the school. The best thing would be to move on January 2014. I would appreciate if somebody could advise me about the possibility to insert my kids in school in that period, is it possible, is it a good idea or is better to wait until September. They don´t speak any English.
Thank you,
Milena

re... : from Florence to Dublin           reply
12/07/2013 11:26 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
Hi again
Most primary schools are public schools (non fee paying) while pre-schools are usually privately run and are not therefore in the same place usually. We are not in a position to recommend individual schools. You can find details for schools in the Dublin 6 area on http://www.schooldays.ie/primary-schools-in-ireland/primary-Dublin-6

and on
http://www.schooldays.ie/primary-schools-in-ireland/primary-Dublin-6w

Hope this helps

discussion forum terms & conditions

;