Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

childminding

re... : childminding           reply
02/10/2014 16:37 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
Yeah I might suggest this to her as im keeping the space open for her and im not minding any other babies .shes very happy with my level of care and the child loves coming here so I dont think she would be happy to lose me its just I couldnt survive on only 2 days pay so she should really do something for me

re : childminding           reply
02/10/2014 09:40 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Its a tough one, you ask for mother for extra payment but it might not go down well...would mum be aware of you needing the four days payment...have you priced the two children? Its light at the end of tunnel as youll have two children....the only thing iv from experience is never bank on any family...go with what suits you...families say onething now but months down the line mum could decide to get someone into house etc. Could you get another family in the meantime part time.

childminding           reply
01/10/2014 20:54 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hi I mind a 15 month at the moment 4 days a wk the mother is due another baby in a few months she told me ill only have the child 2 days while shes on maternity leave she also wants me to mind the second baby so im keeping the position open for her but im goin to be down 2 days pay now while shes on maternity leave should she still pay me for the 4 days cause im keeping the position open for her as 2 days pay is not enough for me

02/10/2014 11:38 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hi sorry what´s a retainer fee and how much do I charge thanks

02/10/2014 15:41 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Its a fee to hold open your place for the child...you could agree to say one extra day pay so youd be getting three days pay...my feelings are parents dont fancy this idea and so take their chances in finding another minder..I mind term time and never charge for holidays as im just glad kids come back in sept..yes, teachers getting great deal etc

02/10/2014 11:34 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
charge a small retainer fee

02/10/2014 15:55 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Yeah I might suggest this to her as im keeping the space open for her and im not minding any other babies .shes very happy with my level of care and the child loves coming here so I dont think she would be happy to lose me its just I couldnt survive on only 2 days pay so she should really do something for me

discussion forum terms & conditions

;