Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

anyone know of any secondary schools

re... : anyone know of any secondary schools           reply
15/01/2011 18:43 - Ask Mother Hen
-----------------------------------
Hi D, both of us have been ringing a list of schools that we got from a group that helps parents of children who are let down last minute.

though, no luck so far, shes been ringing as far as balboyle, so blakestown wouldn´t be much further.

she´s only the one child and had no idea that you have to put the names down for secondary for years ahead.

hope this post make others realise that names have to be put down at least 2 years before they leave school for secondary...even when the child is going to a feeder school.

re : anyone know of any secondary schools           reply
14/01/2011 15:38 - Ask Mother Hen
where abouts does your sister live

re : anyone know of any secondary schools           reply
14/01/2011 18:52 - Ask Mother Hen
hi D,

she lives in the dublin 3 area, she has checked most of the schools in the area, but no luck so far.

so now shes looking further a feild.

i cant believe how many children have not been accepted and are just now finding out...it doesn´t leave a lot of time to search around as most secondary schools are full come feb/march.

if you know of any schools that has places left, i would be very grateful.
my sis is at her wits end worrying over this.

thanks

re... : anyone know of any secondary schools           reply
15/01/2011 00:41 - Ask Mother Hen
surprised the school didnt tell her to put child´s name down in a few schools if they thought they were going to be full ... if the child is a girl you could try St Dominics in Cabra dublin 7 they usually have spaces .. there would be spaces in Scoil Eanna in cabra but not a great school but would take a boy or girl ...I am from dublin 15 myself but that would be a fair trek from dublin 3 but Blakestown community school always has places.

dont think Iam much help i would suggest you start ringing every school from dublin 3 out and good luck

anyone know of any secondary schools           reply
14/01/2011 00:35 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures (Locality: Dublin North)
that still have places for sep 2011?

my sister child has been let down in the last month by the feeder school her child was to go too, but apperently, there are too many applications for that secondary school this year.

so she is checking schools hoping that she can get her child in.

anyone know of any that still has places?

thanks

discussion forum terms & conditions

;