Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

anyone finding it hard to get family to register as your employer?

anyone finding it hard to get family to register as your employer?           reply
05/04/2018 13:02 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay (Locality: Kildare)
-----------------------------------
hi i am just wondering if anyone else is finding it hard to get a family to register as there employer, i want to mind children in there own home & want to do things right, eg prsi being paid and getting payslips etc.Going on my experience as soon as i mention if they are in a position to register as my employer they say no & thats the end of it.would be greatful to hear anyone elses experiences.

re : anyone finding it hard to get family to register as your employer?           reply
05/04/2018 16:59 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Its the same for the registered childminder...parents looking pay cash meaning lower rates. You just have to keep going till u find a position. I as a childminder don´t meet anyone till theyv understand my rate/when im paid etc. That doesn´t mean I havent had parents turn up to haggle and these are quickly shown the door as its both rude and insulting.
You could ask re registering prior to interview to save you wasting your time. Unfortunately there isn´t much you can do if family wish to pay cash only.

re... : anyone finding it hard to get family to register as your employer?           reply
05/04/2018 18:30 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
thanks for the reply.yes thats what i am doing at the moment as it seems majority just want to pay cash it is so frustrating.they seem to want someone who has experience, qualifications etc & then they are just not willing to register.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;