Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

am i charging enough?

re : am i charging enough?           reply
12/04/2014 22:26 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
Hi,
In My opinion and experience you should be getting about 40 Euro a day for the hours you are dong(dont disallow the hours little one is in creche as you are still essentially their guardian during these hours...if they get sick etc). Also you most definitley need to state that you get paid regardless of wheter child/parent is sick. When you are not available you dont get paid and vice versa. Also sort out Bank holiday agreement etc. I dont ask for pay on Bank holidays as I make myself unavailable on these days. A bit of airness goes a lon g way. !

am i charging enough?           reply
08/04/2014 11:19 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hi im wondering what daily rate i should be charging. I currently mind a child from 7.30-9am mon-fri and then after school from 1.30-5.30 pm mon-fri. I am not paid any days i dont have the child which is becoming a regular occurence. So some weeks i get paid nothing!! Does anyone have an opinion on what daily rate i should be charging when i do mind and also how approach regarding days imnot paid.Any advice would be great thanks

re : am i charging enough?           reply
08/04/2014 12:28 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hi
Normally its 5e an hour, and you should draw up a contract stating that your weekly fee is ... and its payable regardless if child is absent or sick. They are taking advantage but you should state this from beginning so ye know where ye stand. good luck

re... : am i charging enough?           reply
08/04/2014 15:34 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
If your working full time for the family, you need to be paid for the full time rate agreed whether youv the child or not, parents will always chance their arm if child sick or granny around for a free day and not pay you....This type of thing needs to be nipped in bud immediately or it will continue to happen...
However if I want to keep myself busy (ie working) I offer part-timers the agreement they only pay me for the days worked. This suits me and Iv learnt not to be phone watching wondering if coming etc.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;