Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

a bit of decency

re... : a bit of decency           reply
13/02/2014 08:05 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
i agree.just a quick message.is all it takes.

re : a bit of decency           reply
12/02/2014 20:49 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Totally agree with you

14/02/2014 14:24 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
that is out of order.not a nice thing to do.

21/02/2014 12:00 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
it does go both ways.just that 1 call or txt.to say sorry.but we have found a minder.im fine with that.

12/02/2014 19:36 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
well said it just takes a few minutes on this site to say position full

14/02/2014 12:46 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
i have to pass on.what happened to me about two months ago.i took on the position of minding two boys. one with me all day.the other boy was afterschool.i had them for all of three days.when the mother just told me out of the blue.that its not working out.she will get her parents to mind them.i have since found out that the parents where minding them from the start.but had gone on holiday for a week.so the parents were left without a minder.so they decided to advertise for one.but dident mention that it was for less than a week.a bit of honesty would have been nice.i would still have done it for them.

a bit of decency           reply
11/02/2014 11:35 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
how many times.have any of the childminders here took the time out to go to an interview.everything goes brilliant.you are told we will be in contact in two days time.that day comes and goes.and theres no phone call or text message.not even a message left on schooldays.if a parent decides to go with another childminder.thats their perogaitve but it would be nice to get a message saying.we have decided to go with another minder.but thank you for your time.a bit of decency goes a long way.

13/02/2014 11:57 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
I also agree plus the lame and totally obvious lies some parents tell just because they found someone cheaper, e.g. here´s a classic, "oh sorry I meant to get back to you but having had a meeting with my employer it turns out im not actually returning to work after all". Then being stupid enough to message another childminder on this site who is friends with the other minder and the mother checks out the minder´s prices. OMG what is wrong with you people???

21/02/2014 11:10 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
As a parent I just wanted to put a reply on this thread. I meet with a childminder once and decided not to go with her and I tried calling her back several times and I either couldn´t get through or she didn´t answer. Not saying this is always the case but I felt bad that I didn´t get to speak to her but genuinely couldn´t get ahold of her! Also I do have to say as a parent looking for a childminder a few years back as a first experience I hated having to make that call as you felt you were personally judging the person and you almost feel you have to make an excuse that won´t make the person feel like that. But sometimes I guess as a parent you just have to go with your gut and how do you say that in a nice way to a childminder? Just a thought? I know that´s personally how I felt.

13/02/2014 16:09 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
there not all the same though.there is some very decent parents .who have put adds up.but the couple i worked for last year were not.i gave them a very good rate.but after 6 months i said.i would need more petrol money. as i was doing a lot of driving for them.that night there was an add .up looking for an after school minder. for 2 kids in the same place they lived in.they obviously dident think i would cop on to it.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;