West Dublin - Home tutor available for July Provision
| West Dublin - Home tutor available for July Provision           |
27/05/2013 21:28 - Special Needs / Tutors Required (Locality: Dublin West)
I am available for home tuition under the July Provision scheme.
I meet the Department of Education and Skills criteria for the Home Tuition grant, having an Hons. BSc degree in Psychology & Sociology (recognised by the British Psychological Society).
I have worked as a Special Needs Assistant in a junior primary school setting for the last seven years and have worked with children with the following special needs:
Aspergers Syndrome; Autistic Spectrum Disorder; Social, Emotional & Behavioural difficulties; ADHD; ADD; Dyslexia; Down Syndrome; Epilepsy; Dyspraxia; Mild General Learning Disabilities.
I have completed the following relevant courses:
1. Fetac (Level 5) Certificate in Special Needs Assistant Training with Distinction
2. Froebel College of Education Diploma in Special Needs Assistant with Distinction
3. ICEP Europe – Applied Behaviour Analysis: Intervention for Developmental Disabilities
4. ICEP Europe – Understanding Autism: Effective Management & Teaching Strategies
5. INTO – Promoting & Supporting Positive Behaviour in the Primary School
6. Our Lady’s Children’s Hospital, Crumlin - Epilepsy Awareness for Schools
7. Occupational Physiotherapy Solutions - Manual Handling Certificate
8. Enable Ireland – Introduction to Cerebral Palsy
9. Dyslexia International – Introduction to Dyslexia
10. Heartsaver AED (Adult AED & CPR/Paediatric CPR) July 2010 & 2012
11. Drumcondra Education Centre – SALT Programme (Stop.Ask.Listen.Talk) - Creative solutions to conflict in Primary Schools.
12. Workshops on ADHD/ADD by Dorothy Armstrong
I am currently studying a Certificate in Dyspraxia Awareness with the Portobello Institute.
I am the mother of two children & live in the Lucan area.
References are available on request.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org