Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

WILLOW PARK JUNIOR INFANTS 08

re : WILLOW PARK JUNIOR INFANTS 08           reply
14/03/2008 11:09 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
-----------------------------------
I don´t have a kid there myself but know quite a few families whose boys have transferred there in 2nd and 3rd class. Any feedback I have heard has been positive and they have all settled in well and that the sports facilities and activities are great. It is however a very large school and if you enrol for the junior school your child is obviously going to go to Blackrock College so you also need to consider whether Blackrock College is for you. Again I´ve heard a lot of positive feedback but it is a very very big school and they take in 7 or 8 first year classes which I think are streamed.

09/04/2008 21:56 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
Hi
We were offered a place for our son last year and after talking to other mums decided that it would be better to wait and send him in 2nd class. We have left him in a smaller school which really suits him as he is a quiet little boy. I hope that by 2nd class he will be full of confidence and ready for the bigger environment. As far as Ive heard in J.I the academics are not too hot, alot of colouring is done! I don´t know its a hard one but you could defer his spot...its a tough decision. Best of luck with it. D
X

31/03/2008 08:18 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
My son is now entering final year in B/rock having spent wonderfully happy years in Willow. For a large school there is a very happy collegiate atmosphere. We were very happy with the education he received and he has wonderful memories of his time there. BTW academically it was streets ahead of the national school his sister attended. Best of luck.

WILLOW PARK JUNIOR INFANTS 08           reply
12/03/2008 11:18 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
Hi.
does anyone have any feedback on willow park. I am due to start my son there in Septe but I really don´t know if it is the right choice for him. He is a gentle friendly popular little boy with a great sense of fun. But he is sensitive perhaps overly sometimes, but who isn´t at 4 years old! He gets on terrific with girls and boys and had best friends of both ages, and I´d hate him to loose that. Willow seems so big and being all boys it just makes me so very anxious that is may not be for him. We have few alternatives and I realise we are very lucky to get a place. Would really appreciate feedback on what its like from any of you who have put kids in recently and how they adapted..
Thanks

discussion forum terms & conditions

;