Totally clueless on paying Childminder/Nanny

re... : Totally clueless on paying Childminder/Nanny           reply
23/07/2014 19:59 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
Thanks alot!

re : Totally clueless on paying Childminder/Nanny           reply
01/07/2014 22:00 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hi there, I also think what you are offering is very fair. I might be looking for a new position and am testing the waters at the moment. I wonder what part of the north county you are from. I live in Swords myself and don´t mind having to drive somewhere as long as it´s not too far away. I have been a childminder for over 16 years now and I am also a mother and grandmother. I have lots of families that I have cared for over the years willing to speak for me and even if I say so myself I have a pretty good reputation. If you are interested send me a message and we can arrange to talk.
nanamary

01/07/2014 18:32 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
I also agree, your definitely on the track. If you lived closer i would work for you also.

Totally clueless on paying Childminder/Nanny           reply
26/06/2014 11:20 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay (Locality: Dublin North)
Hi all,

I have 2 boys - 3 1/2 years and 15 months, they are currently both in creche and while I am really happy with the creche I am looking to have someone come into my home.
In an ideal world I would like a nanny/childminder from 8.30 - 5.30, who gives the boys breakfast, drops older son to montessori for the morning, takes younger son to some toddler groups maybe 2 days a week, collects older son, gives healthy lunch. I would not be expecting someone to clean my house, just maybe have it not like a bomb hit it when I get home. If the kids had dinner by the time I arrived home even better.
I am completely clueless as to wages, was thinking 9-10 per hour, assume I pay 52 weeks of the year? I would ensure her on our car, and register paye/tax and pay that (not deduct from her wages), obviously toddler classes would be out of our pockets.
Are these reasonable expectations for duties and as for salary does this seem a fair?
Thanks for any responses

26/06/2014 13:18 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Thanks for responding Emily, that´s good to hear i am on the right track. Its just such a mine field when you starting thinking about it.
I really want the person to be happy too, selfishly would hope it means they would stay with us longer.

22/07/2014 15:43 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
"I am completely clueless as to wages, was thinking 9-10 per hour, assume I pay 52 weeks of the year? I would ensure her on our car, and register paye/tax and pay that (not deduct from her wages), obviously toddler classes would be out of our pockets. "
can I ask when you say register paye/tax and pay that - how do you go about that?

24/07/2014 08:53 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
if a minder has her own car.i think it would be better to let her use her own.i had a 3 or 4 people on my car at 1 stage.i would never do it again.some people are not as careful with someone elses car as they would be with their own car.

22/07/2014 17:35 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
go to the revenue site or call them
http://www.revenue.ie/en/business/running/registering-tax.html
they will explain what to do

25/07/2014 11:16 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hi there I´m just wondering if you got sorted with childcare were about do you live

26/06/2014 13:12 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
That sound extremely fair! As a childminder myself I would be more than happy to accept that for those hours and that work, especially considering you are paying her tax and insuring her on the car! Pity you didn´t live closer I´d be offering myself haha! Best of luck finding someone, with that positive attitude and good morals regarding money I´m sure you will have no bother finding the perfect candidate :)

discussion forum terms & conditions

;