Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

The Law!

re... : The Law!           reply
31/01/2014 13:16 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
Its ridiculous parents wanting their child minded for less than €5ph!!

re : The Law!           reply
31/01/2014 12:16 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
childminding/ nanny needs to be regulated, its a black economy sector.
i work from home as a self employed person.some parents want children minded
for very low rates ,unfortunately some people will work for this.
it makes other minders appear over priced.
5euro per hour to mind a child !
dog walking is 10euro per hour !
need i go on ...

31/01/2014 23:52 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
i have had that a few times myself.you meet with the parents.everything goes great.they say we have a couple more people to see.but we will let you know by such a day.that day comes and goes.and you dont get a call or pm.a bit of decency dosent cost a thing.

The Law!           reply
29/01/2014 14:04 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay (Locality: Kildare)
Frequently I reply to adverts for childminding, all goes really well till they hear I want basic wage and to be registered as their employee, then it goes rapidly downhill! These people are looking for qualified childminders with experience, all of which I am and I am also Garda vetted, but don´t want to pay for it!
One person messaged me telling me that my demands could not be contended!!
MAY I REMIND THESE PEOPLE THAT WHAT I AM LOOKING FOR IS ACTUALLY THE LAW..to be paid minimum wage and to pay tax!! I studied for 2 years for my qualification, so I am not working for anything less than what I am entitled to!

31/01/2014 10:19 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
It is so annoying laineyMK that you seem to be one of the very little parents willing to pay PRSI, tax etc. I´m looking for years for this kind of parents, but nothing showed up yet...

30/01/2014 23:27 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Yes that´s what I am referring to, going to the children´s home to mind them but the parents all want to pay ridiculous money under the legal rate and cash in hand!

31/01/2014 22:10 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Yes I get that too, I meet with these people everything goes great, they tell me they will get back to me the following week and I don´t hear from them again, no decency in these people whatsoever, after I going to the trouble of driving the distance to their house!
The money is a total insult to us as childminders who are taking on a huge responsibility to look after their children who are supposed to their prized possessions!!

31/01/2014 14:16 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
UNDER THE RADAR SLAVE LABOUR!!!

31/01/2014 22:52 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
i totally agree.i dont see why people cant just text.and say thanks.but weve chosen a minder.some parents think sure thats an easy job.they should know better.as they have kids themselves.

31/01/2014 20:47 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
i was once asked if i would do 2 euro an hour.for 10 hours a day.the thing that really annoys me. is the parents who meet with you.they say they will get back to you.and you never hear a word back.im sick of this happening.even a text to say sorry.weve found a minder.i am seriously thinking of packing it in.

30/01/2014 23:20 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Is it not only if u minding children in persons home that u then become the employee and therefore pay tax etc?? I am looking for someone preferably to mind my child in his own home and would be happy to pay tax etc for that person

discussion forum terms & conditions

;