Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Talks for parents

re... : Talks for parents           reply
18/04/2009 23:12 - Parents Associations
-----------------------------------
In my son´s school in Cork, some of the teachers have given talks to the parents. One of the teachers, for example, gave a demonstration for parents on Interactive Whiteboards, as all the classes in the school have them now. The parents were also told about bebo. It was a fantastic success. If you want any more info, just let me know.

re : Talks for parents           reply
19/11/2009 15:32 - Parents Associations
Hi i know this is an old post but you can get great talks from Carambola Kidz if you are still interested! www.carambolakidz.com.. they give my son his lunch in school

29/12/2009 10:49 - Parents Associations
Hi there
Have you thought about a brief course on First Aid?
I am a First Aid instructor and have been to groups for 3 hours teaching general tips on how to deal with burns, choking, meningitis and many more.

If interested please check out www.firstaidforeveryone.ie
Regards
Siobhan

Talks for parents           reply
20/02/2009 10:30 - Parents Associations (Locality: Dublin North)
HI I am involved in our parents association and we are currently looking for ideas and source information for information nights or coures that we could run for parents in our school ie. anti bullying, homework without hassle , nutrition etc any ideas ? or info links . would be greatly appreciated ta

20/02/2009 16:24 - Parents Associations
Hi, We at Help Me To Parent Ltd can give talks at schools on various topics. I´ll PM you further details. Visit our website www.HelpMe2Parent.ie for more information on the services we offer including a parenting talk running in March.

23/03/2012 16:50 - Parents Associations
Hi,
I am a school guidance counsellor and I would e delighted to provide a talk for your parents association. I am currently launching a parents talk for parents of sixth class and first year parents on how to help your child make the move from primary to second level. My approach is very practical and hope with will be an enjoyable and informative session with lots of rooom for questioning!
Feel free to contact me if you are interested. Please note that I have a wide bank of knowledge should you have another area of interest, perhaps I can help!

23/03/2012 16:51 - Parents Associations
Hi,
I am a school guidance counsellor and I would e delighted to provide a talk for your parents association. I am currently launching a parents talk for parents of sixth class and first year parents on how to help your child make the move from primary to second level. My approach is very practical and hope with will be an enjoyable and informative session with lots of rooom for questioning!
Feel free to contact me if you are interested. Please note that I have a wide bank of knowledge should you have another area of interest, perhaps I can help!

17/04/2009 22:06 - Parents Associations
Hi,
Was in a similar situation as Secretary of the PA. Found NPC offer talks on various topics - info usually comes at the beginning of the year with all their local/national course info. Some more useful than others! The HSE also offered speakers about healthy lunches and the ´Health Promoting School´ scheme. Also recently we had someone to talk about the ´Stay Safe´ scheme which is used in our National School - she was BRILLIANT !!

discussion forum terms & conditions

;