Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Summer Holiday Childcare Costs

re... : Summer Holiday Childcare Costs           reply
23/02/2015 15:02 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
Hi im thinking of taking on 3 sisters and there all school going is €7.50 per hour for the 3 them the going rate or is it more I need to charge, I supply the food and collect from school and im just trying to get the best quote x

20/02/2015 22:30 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
I know it´s a huge responsibility minding any child but I guess It would be unheard of in my area to charge anymore so it really depends on your area rate I suppose. I charge €30 per day if I have my afterschooler, 9-5.30pm.

23/02/2015 21:56 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Thanx a mill I really appreciate you´re tips. ... yes I´m working from my home and plus I´ll feed them and they are school going children from the age of 7 years old upwards and I´m starting to mind a one year old from 8.45am till 5.30pm .... I really appreciate the advice it really helps x

Summer Holiday Childcare Costs           reply
03/02/2015 15:40 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay (Locality: Louth)
My child will be on mid term break soon, then Easter break and summer holidays.

At the moment I pay for my child to be minded in my child minders house for €5 per hour. Their child goes to the same class and are very good friends. So its very easy minding.

How much should I pay for full days on these holidays. Full day would be 8am to 6pm two or three days a week.

Any advice would be appreciated.

23/02/2015 14:07 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
I have also heard of ppl in country areas getting 30/35 per day for a ft baby bring increased to 40/45 if there is a sibling ft also. I agree there should be something done about it I feel €5ph is a bare minimum you have such responsibility placed on you while looking after a mindee and you also have overheads to cover too

23/02/2015 22:09 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Meant to ask also is €40 a day from 8.45am til 5.30 ok for a one year old child and they supply her good they said that works out at €5 an hour x

23/02/2015 17:32 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
The issue is there are cmer with NO overheads and others operating "mini zoos" which means theyv loads kids all on a very cheap rate, if one had 7 kids at average 20€ a day thats a nice wage....yes something needs to be done...
fiona, im assuming ur in ur own home, thats too low...its €8 per hr for two siblings...I dont offer any food...what ages are the kids as some can have very large appetites, your wages could be gone on food..plus consider fuel, wear n tear car, house etc...

22/02/2015 17:10 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/livein-au-pairs-paid-2-an-hour-in-slave-wages-31011424.html
interesting article today....I really feel its a fine line between what cm can charge n what parents open to n whether you have mindees or not...I know im conscious of what local creches are charging as opposed to others cms in my rural area, local creche €38 a day, €72 for 2, not sure of hrs for this but its 5 days full year booking..im only reg cm locally and not for one second am I comparing what I offer to any creche experience but from parents point view cm must offer better value...

20/02/2015 11:02 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hi Mommyals i have to admit i would find it hard to mind a child 10 hours a day for 30 euro. Thats just 3 euro per hour and i presume you are providing food also. On top of that no matter how easy a child is to mind there is still a massive responsibility involved in their care. I do know childminders in the midlands who are only charging 30 euro per day but their day is only 9 till half 5.

23/02/2015 21:48 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Fiona you are under quoting yourself there it´s 8ph for 2 siblings so you should be looking at 11/12 for 3 kids and like minderofchild said that´s without fuel I also charge a school collection fee if it´s not the school my kids are in. Hope you get the terms you deserve 😊

re : Summer Holiday Childcare Costs           reply
03/02/2015 22:54 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
it would still be 5 euro per hour so 50 a day.

22/02/2015 22:58 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
I should say I rarely have my after schooler for a full day, only once in a blue moon. I rely on my full time baby care rate as my wage. Seriously though €50 per day is totally unheard of where I live, it´s not my rates, I go by the norm in my area.

24/02/2015 13:29 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
I don´t drive so petrol wouldn´t affect me...thanx again for the info much appreciated x

04/02/2015 10:54 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Agree 5euro...while it might appear easy for this cm to mind your child, the responsibility is what your paying for...

22/02/2015 13:43 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
mommyals thats disgraceful that you only get 3 euro per hour in your area.au pairs get 2 euro per hour so you are on 1 euro more.so if you work 10 hours a day 5 days a week you get 150 euro.and around 12 euro for 4 hours a day.that would be 60 a week.the funny thing is the rate of pay for the likes of pennys macdonalds burgar king.(there the only places i can think of at the mo)would be the same.i cant imagine that anyone should expext someone to mind their kids afterschool from 1.30 till 6.30 for 12 euro a day 60 a week.something needs to be done about places out in the country.3 euro per hour is slave labour.how much would a childminder get in the parents home please dont say 4 euro.

re : Summer Holiday Childcare Costs           reply
20/02/2015 09:07 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Omg €50 per day for a school going child? That´s crazy money. I´m a childminder of a 7 year old and there´s no way I would charge that much. €5 per hour school time, no more than €30 for a full day, Tipp area. Fair play to ye getting €50 per day😃

24/02/2015 11:51 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
40 euro for the baby sounds ok.but 7.50 for 3 kids is not its 8 euro per hour for 2 kids in minders home.you could possibly go 8.50 per hour but its up to yourself at the end of the day.if you do go with 7.50 i would drop the food.have you also included a petrol allowance.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;