Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Some questions on childminder rates

re... : Some questions on childminder rates           reply
17/05/2013 10:42 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
it was her idea.that she takes her holidays at the same time.and not get paid.and now she wants to change that.shes just chancing her arm.shes getting paid for bank holidays sick days and days when ur of.some minders dont get any of that.

Some questions on childminder rates           reply
16/05/2013 20:21 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hi

I have a few questions. I have a v good childminder (its my first child so I was new to this but asked for advice from a friend who is a childminder and this was what I agreed with my childminder before I started)
- All bank holidays paid
- If my child was sick I would stay at home and she would be paid
- She would get 5 sick days paid
- we pay her for any half days we take
- She suggested takling her holidays the same time as us and not get paid. We would give at least one months notice, we usually give 2-3 and we only have her since January so we just took 2 weeks holidays
She is paid 60 euros a day in my home for 9 hours (we try to finish early at times to see our child and she gets to go home early
My baby sleeps for 2.5 hours a day and in a super routine
She has now come back after our first holiday saying she found it too hard (we gave 3 months notice) and she wants us to rethink holidauy pay

what do you think we should do? I spent a lot of time on this and put a contract together so I was a little disappoitned that she came back so soon wanting us to change (we also give her babysitting options so she gets more moeny too 10 euros an hour)

I want to be fair too

Emma

re : Some questions on childminder rates           reply
16/05/2013 23:49 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
I´m a childminder and I think your childminder is pushing her luck, my last job ( which I was in for 4 years) I got paid E50 a day, when a school run came into the equation it went upmto E65, I didn´t get paid when I was sick or when I went on holidays but that was my choice because i felt I was taking the time off therefore I wasn´t available for them and they needed to find a replacement for me, my advice to you is tell her she agreed the details before she started and you feel it´s a little to early to start changing the arrangements, remember there are plenty of good childminders out there don´t be held to ransom, good luck :-)

discussion forum terms & conditions

;