Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Should I charge for petrol etc

Should I charge for petrol etc           reply
22/09/2013 09:33 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay (Locality: Leitrim)
-----------------------------------
Could anyone advise me on what to do, I took childminding position on and was quoted an hourly rate which I based my rate of pay on but since kids have gone back to school they have extra activities after school so the mum has cut my hours which means I am down money every week, I also use about 40 euro a week in petrol as it is not near my house and I do alot of driving around with the kids etc. Should I ask for petrol expenses etc?

re... : Should I charge for petrol etc           reply
25/09/2013 20:48 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
hi thanks so much for advise, I still feel awkward asking for the petrol money as i hate confrontation! but it is eating away at me the more time goes on

22/09/2013 14:22 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Thanks so much for advise, its hard to ask them for more money even though you know its not fair when a big chunk of your pay is going on petrol etc

25/09/2013 22:43 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
FYI you can´t charge for getting to and from work though.... as with any job. Your first post sounded like maybe you are including your own travel costs there in the €40 per week petrol spend
You can only request petrol money for the time spent transporting the children. If you haven´t already been recording your mileage you should start. Have a notebook in the car and jot down the miles, then at the end of the week/month you can ´submit´ your petrol money request based on prices that week etc.
also if you are not happy in your current position I am looking for a childminder in Saggart! 4 days/week 8:30-5:30

re : Should I charge for petrol etc           reply
26/09/2013 10:27 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
i charge 25cent per km. thats how people who work as carers charge.
good luck

22/09/2013 18:12 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
you should ask.if your petrol usage,is 40 euro a week.then the parents should cover it.if they refuse to pay.then leave.its not your problem.that the kids.need to be driven here and there.its their problem.

re : Should I charge for petrol etc           reply
22/09/2013 11:39 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
yes you should.and the mother knows this.if your paying around 40 euro a week.she should be covering it.she knows she should be paying.shes just hoping.you wont say nothing.i was once told.by a parent.that my pterol.usage.wasent their problem.even though.i was driving their kids.to a lot of after school activities.i told them.well.i cant drive the kids.they soon gave it to me.

22/09/2013 18:55 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hi def sort out fuel costs, I bet your wage was reduced when your hours were cut. Approach the parent in a practical well prepared manner stating your fuel charges etc. I find runs a terrible inconvenience and as such pay my own lady that does my own children schools runs, shes passing the way anyway herself but I give her €5 a day for two children. Dont sell yourself short, you are doing a very responsible job and while rewarding, it can be tiring!!

25/09/2013 23:28 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
yep.best of to record.the drops and pick ups.that way u will know exactly how much to charge.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;