Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Schools in Cork City

Schools in Cork City           reply
28/11/2018 14:53 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures (Locality: Cork)
-----------------------------------
We are new to Cork and would love some advice. I´m working in UCC and have enrolled my daughter close by in Glasheen Girls School. I would love to hear from other parents whose daughters are attending (or attended) the school.

re : Schools in Cork City           reply
29/11/2018 11:45 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
Hi there, I have three daughters, two are currently in Glasheen Girls and my oldest has moved on to Mount Mercy Secondary. I couldn´t be happier with our choice of school. My girls love school and speak fondly about their friends, teachers and principal. The school is big into Science and Maths as well as all of the other subjects. I work fulltime so I find the after school activities great. My two do Speech & Drama, Science Club, Choir and Art. When these are over, they go to After School Care which is located in the school and I collect at 5pm.
My oldest speaks very fondly of her time in Glasheen Girls and still hangs out with her primary friends in Mount Mercy. I hope you find this helpful. I can´t speak highly enough about the school

re : Schools in Cork City           reply
20/12/2018 10:44 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
Hi Rudolf!
I would certainly recommend Glasheen Girls School for your daughter. My daughter is in 2nd Class and has had a fantastic school experience! I know that a lot of parents in her class also work in UCC, and in CUH too, so it is in a very handy location. My daughter also goes to the after-school care on the same premises, she is collected after school and walked there where she stays and does homework, has something to eat and plays outside until I collect her at 5pm. Such a useful service!
My daughter absolutely loves going to school and has got on so well with all of her teachers. The school secretary is fantastic to deal with and myself and my husband always feel so welcome anytime we visit the school for concerts, plays, etc. My daughter has progressed so well academically, but I also feel that her needs are catered for in after-school activities. Choir, art, soccer, camogie, science and more are all catered for in after-school clubs, she has just finished her second block of art class this year and absolutely loves it! I couldn’t recommend Glasheen Girls School enough.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;