Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

School Project schools/ Educate together

re... : School Project schools/ Educate together           reply
13/10/2010 17:22 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
-----------------------------------
I think they are the same. Did Cork School Project not recently change its name to Cork Educate Together?

re... : School Project schools/ Educate together           reply
14/10/2010 12:25 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
Hi

I think the OP was not asking for the difference between the Project Schools and ET Schools but the difference between them and other primary schools. In any case the "Project Schools" are also Educate Together schools but they have their own patron body. They operate in the same way as the other ET schools with regards to ethos and curriculum.

Also it is important to realise that ET schools are not "Non-denominational" they are "Multi-denominational". Children are taught about a wide range of religions during school hours but they are not given faith formation classes (e.g. preparation for holy communion) during the school day. Most ET schools offer the use of the school buildings for these classes outside of normal school hours for those who wish to partake.

Diarmaid

re : School Project schools/ Educate together           reply
14/10/2010 08:29 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
The ´project schools´ became the ET schools as far as I´m aware. They basically follow the same core curriculum, but are non-denomenational. There are currently only primary ET schools. Their website provides plenty of helpful information about their background, ethos and teaching practices.

School Project schools/ Educate together           reply
30/09/2010 14:20 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
Can anyone explain to me whats the difference between the educate together / school project schools and other primary schools ? I dont really understand the set of them and what their ethos is for teaching
Thanks

re : School Project schools/ Educate together           reply
12/10/2010 09:28 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
Hi

The best thing to do is to look through the Educate Together website where it provides full details on all of their schools and of the ethos.

The academic curriculum is the same as that in any national school as this is mandated by the Department of Education.

http://www.educatetogether.ie/et-experience/

Diarmaid

discussion forum terms & conditions

;