Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Research on Adolescents with ASD - participants sought

Research on Adolescents with ASD - participants sought           reply
13/03/2013 08:19 - Childrens Health
-----------------------------------
Research into the Impact of the Post-Primary School Environment on Adolescents with ASD

My name is Margaret Dee and I am an MSc student in Trinity College Dublin looking for participants for a study on the school environment. The aim of the study is to see what the most important environmental factors are that impact on participation in mainstream post-primary education for students with ASD.

To find out what these factors are, I am holding two focus groups for interested participants. One focus group will be for adolescents with ASD who are in mainstream post-primary schools. The other group will be for parents or guardians of adolescents with ASD who are in mainstream post-primary school, and teachers of adolescents with ASD who are in mainstream post-primary school.

They will take place in Trinity College Dublin, in the evening after school, at a time and date that suits all participants. Hopefully this will be around Easter. During these focus groups, you will be asked questions about you/your child/student’s school and your/their participation in all aspects of school life. The focus groups will last for 1 hour to 1 hour and 30 minutes. Refreshments will be provided.

An adolescent can participate even of their parent or guardian does not wish to participate and parents or guardians can participate even if their child isn’t.

This study has been granted ethical approval by the Faculty of Health Sciences Research Committee, Trinity College Dublin. If you are interested in participating or would like to hear more about the study, please contact me at mdee@tcd.ie.

Many thanks for your time.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;