Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Religion as a subject for Leaving Cert and the success rate?

re... : Religion as a subject for Leaving Cert and the success rate?           reply
29/11/2010 23:22 - School Specific
-----------------------------------
Hi

i know that it is taught in about six schools in cork and some others offer it as an extra subject - pm and I can give you details. Best of luck

re : Religion as a subject for Leaving Cert and the success rate?           reply
09/11/2010 09:42 - School Specific
Hi coleary

You might find the following link useful. It´s a link to the data on the Examinations.ie website showing the number of students who have sat each subject in the leaving cert over the last three years and the percentages of grades received , i.e. what % received As,Bs etc. Religion appears on the 7th page.

http://examinations.ie/statistics/statistics_2010/Provisional_Results_2010_excluding_subjects_with_less_than_10_candidates.pdf

re... : Religion as a subject for Leaving Cert and the success rate?           reply
09/11/2010 12:35 - School Specific
Just wondering now if it is possible to do as a subject, outside of school, anywhere in Cork?

re : Religion as a subject for Leaving Cert and the success rate?           reply
09/11/2010 09:12 - School Specific
From what I gather, almost all schools provide religion up to Junior Cert but hardly any do so to Leaving Cert. i also understand that at Leaving Cert Honours level, it is not the ´doss´ subject that some imagine it might be. I´m afraid I don´t have statistics but it should be easy enough to get them through Department of Education.

Religion as a subject for Leaving Cert and the success rate?           reply
06/11/2010 20:44 - School Specific
I know that it is possible to do religion as a subject for Leaving Cert. Does anybody know if many schools provide it as an option to study for Leaving cert and what is the success rate, or otherwise, of those who take religion for Leaving cert?

09/11/2010 12:33 - School Specific
That is extremely helpful, Schooldays. Thanks also to elliesull.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;