Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Rates for 2 siblings after school with school pick up. Please answer

Rates for 2 siblings after school with school pick up. Please answer           reply
30/06/2018 22:43 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
Can anyone give me the going rate to mind 2 siblings after school.
Collect from school 20 minutes drive, provide hot meal, snacks etc. Help with homework.

I am fully insured, Garda Vetted, voluntary notified etc.

Need to factor in cost of petrol for collection.

Would really appreciate replies on this one.

Thank you

re : Rates for 2 siblings after school with school pick up. Please answer           reply
01/07/2018 09:56 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Is it 20 mins each way? I charge 2.50e for collection, only five min drive, snack 1.50 and afterschool 10e an hr per child. I don´t offer dinner but probably wud be 3/4e in my calculations. I give a total rate not a broken down rate as potential for haggling/nitpicking. Look for full payment regardless of use but I can only do a minimum days usage in my area as so many undercutting, to point they working for nothing. Insured environment parents value and its great peace of mind for them to have a professional and reliable service for their children.

re... : Rates for 2 siblings after school with school pick up. Please answer           reply
04/07/2018 10:51 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hi Minderofchild
Yes school trip is 20 minutes each way so for example I would leave my house at 2.00pm for 2.30 pick up.
There´s no way I would get €10 per child per hour. I don´t think any parent would pay that or could afford that.
What would you charge daily rate for this service?

re... : Rates for 2 siblings after school with school pick up. Please answer           reply
06/07/2018 11:34 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hi are you with childminding Ireland, ask on their closed page or there is a closed fb page for irish professional childminders on the CCC lists.
Are you long childminding? Afterschool parents have no problem with 10e an hour as its only a limited few hours. They can actually save money as not paying full space in creche, plus aftershoolers often hate creche as they get older, too noisy, rules etc.
To be honest an hr travelling to pick up kids is not a wise business move if your not charging appropriately. I had children for nearly four yrs and the youngest the mum decided last ecce was in new facility, 12mins away. I drove it and it was too far, even though mum would have paid, she was disappointed but there was three local options she could have chosen which had been perfect up till this new facility opening. I too was disappointed but it would have been too much and unfair travelling on other minded kids.
Hope this helps.

10/07/2018 12:06 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Do you mean 10€ per hour per child? so €400 a week (€1,733 a month) for 4 hours per child for 5 days. Is there some tax rebate to parents on that. I know my local after-school is cheaper than that for 2 kids. Thanks

10/07/2018 14:46 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
No tax rebate unless its a Tusla registered childminder who may offer ACS. Afterschool facilities are dealing with larger numbers and government funded schemes so price is cheaper and I know my afterschoolers who I mind all left theirs due to noise, rules, need to relax after a day of school etc at age 6/7.
The childminder if its 4 hours five days a week may offer a discount if wished. Providing the childminding service costs (insurance to mind and class II for car, first aid, activities, fuel, food, wear and tear etc) so any rate per week isn´t pure profit. Its also can be extremely hard work the reason why majority who start home based childminding give up, especially if they undercharged in the first place.

re : Rates for 2 siblings after school with school pick up. Please answer           reply
11/07/2018 22:18 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hi my name is catherena I charge 60euro in or out off school for 2 children no body pays 10euro an hour and that´s dropping and collecting at school depends where school is how many children do u have

11/07/2018 23:16 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Ok yes this makes more sense because for example as a teacher of 30 kids in school you don´t get 10€ an hour for each of them as a teacher and if I sell 4 fridges in an hour instead of 1.I don´t get 4 times minimum wage and I imagine you pay a bit less if a minder cares foe other children etc but this does not seem to apply I am finding it the understanding of this is not widely accepted. I can´t blame a minder for whatever they choose to ask but I would feel strongly that the government are allpwing this unrulely behaviour continue and it is forcing people like me.out of the work force or out of my job. I was working out what my last minder would have made if it was based on same charge as I was paying and over 1k a week. That´s phenomenol for someone unregistered and cash in hand. If paying tax you would have a salary of a104,000 a year to make that. I know a lot of you are realistic and don´t take on so many children etc but from the prices I am seeing I will never get back to work unless.i change to child minding. It´s very disheartening. Thanks for your reply and it clarified that 10€ an hour per child isn´t realistic or the norm. As I said my local creche/afterschool don´t charge that but are full.

12/07/2018 01:06 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
It´s 60euro in or out off school for 2 children with MEALS PROVIDED

12/07/2018 09:44 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
ok thank you, good to see what someone else is charging. The example I showed above is that of my previous minder and also of the rates I am seeing. Thanks so much for taking the time to reply.

12/07/2018 13:03 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Dear God if a childminder could make 52k a year from their own home everyone would be a childminder. A teacher has a professional salary, paid regardless of no. of kids or days off, not forgetting to highlight the two/three months off paid holidays. Shop workers are paid a wage regardless of how many sales and may earn commission to motivate them. Childminders are self employed and don´t always have kids, that is the risk plus no bank hols, hols pay, sick leave etc.
Registered childminders are charging 10e an hr per child afterschool which is only 38weeks of the year especially when its only hr/two needed. Parents have no problem paying this. Preschoolers would be different as a longer day or afterschoolers out of term on a longer day would be different too.
Caterena could you spell out what the 60e is for in terms of actual hours please.

12/07/2018 13:20 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Msrainbowsun, the government have schemes in place to fund childcare based on families income in a creche or Tusla registered childminder. If your using an unregistered childminder you paying lower normally/pay as you use and so the savings you were making offset the benefits you could claim re medical card etc.
Use a registered childminder who you can declare her rates to and so you can claim any entitlements you may be entitled too.
There are childminders with too many kids in Ireland but its very easy report these to revenue and preschool inspectors/Tusla if youv concerns.

12/07/2018 22:46 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Thanks for your reply but I still can´t see how you can charge 10€ per child per hour and have up to maximum number of kids or even 4 kids at that rate factoring the rest of year 12 or 13 weeks extra holidays feom school for kids that parents work. That would be 30 or 80 € an hour depending on how many kids you have even taxed that´s non scensival and unfair in my view. Teachers wouldn´t have even 20€ an hour after tax factoring in holidays they don´t get paid per child per hour. Based on 2 kids 12 weeks full time care and 4 hours after school with no dinner and the cost for travel on top this is just incredible. It´s not about low income families it´s about average or double looking at what you said- do the maths - this charge is not possible for 90% of people... that´s really off the charts. For the 12 weeks where parents are woeking and kids are at school your 10€ per child excluding meals and transport that´s 9,600 (meals?? What´s your rate per child?) So in 3 months someone would have to make 11k minimum or nearly 4k a month just to pay you to mind their 2 kids and not feed them or drive them anywhere and then the usual costs that you and I would have. Maybe you haven´t offered up all the information, this couldnt be serious.

12/07/2018 22:56 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Also thinking anyone who can pay 9600 for holiday period to you is taxed at over 50%. So would make 20 tax man takes 10 and you take 10. Are you a nanny for the richest families in Ireland? Or do you only do after school randomly and not charge holidays or something. I can´t get my head around this. I got a price today at 50 a day including meals for 2 and she has 2 other kids. So she still gets over 10€ per hour. She isn´t registered and I continue to look as I would prefer someone registered and their is no financial incentive to the families tax wide or otherwise just so you know unless you work in the kids home as an employee. Can I ask what county are you in.

13/07/2018 11:34 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Iv been here for years learning first from other experienced registered childminders (who have all bit the dust unfortunately) and now give advice as I´m years childminding professionally having gave up my own professional career. I´m in a rural area of a rural county in regards to childminding, so not Dublin etc. My CCC visit the pair both advised against me not returning to my professional career and setting up a childminding service. My local playschool teacher who taught my own children and I had got to know as i was on committee for years also said I was "nuts" when I told her. Earning a decent wage in childminding is a juggling act of families/children/school runs etc. I never begrudge any unregistered childminder their money as theyv the worst pay and t&cs so very hard earned. I advocate registering.
Unfortunately you need research teachers as you´ll die of shock at their wage/increments/pension but they have qualified, majority to masters level as its so hard get ahead now/do the work, as you state they on 20e an hr. Teachers have a 22 hour contract termtime, not a second over and many end up with say 21hr40mins due to timetabling (but as we all know there is hrs non contact time/activities etc).
I have worked from 7.30 to 6.00 five days a week termtime, one child coming early and last leaving late. When u divide out those hours by money that day its just about workable. Iv yet to meet a rich childminder.
Contact Childminding Ireland or your local CCC for rates in your actual area is best thing.
My afterschool rates are for afterschool term time only and as iv said previously preschoolers/afterschoolers out of term time are different as more hours.

13/07/2018 11:37 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
I would also never have four children together as like majority of registered childminders their carseats are taken by their own children and have only one/two/three seats free if their own children in school etc.

13/07/2018 17:08 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
I charge €7 hourly rate term time only and for midterms etc its €5 an hour I charge €5 for preschool age and its 5 percent discount for siblings who do mon to fri full time, food inclusive of price im tusla registered and in Dublin if your doing s 40 mins collections twice a day to drop and collect is it doable I wouldn´t as its not fair on other mindees,but I would charge €5 each collection 40 mins drive for petrol hope this helps

discussion forum terms & conditions

;