Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Rate to charge

re... : Rate to charge           reply
22/04/2016 07:41 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
I really should look into it. I left the crèche environment 6 months ago to childmind at home as I felt the focus was more on the paperwork rather than the child. I wouldn´t take on any more than two children but understand the benefits of being registered.

Rate to charge           reply
21/04/2016 17:07 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay (Locality: Dublin West)
Hi
Just wondering I am going to start minding 2 girls one aged 3 pick up from playschool at 12.15 till 6.00 and the second pick up from school at 2.15 till 6.00. Will have the two children full time for school holidays. Dinner and snacks included. I am thinking of charging €270 for school term this is working out at €8.50 per hour and a little extra for food and for the holidays I was hoping to charge €8.50 per hour which would work out at €380 as I would have the girls full days. Is this a reasonable rate to charge.

re : Rate to charge           reply
24/04/2016 14:23 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Definitely register! Great support too!
If be happy to call you and talk you through it x

21/04/2016 18:14 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
At €8.50 an hr parents will expect fully insured for childminding...recently someone quoted €5.90 here for two kids long hours and Iv seen it as low as €3 an hr for two kids unregistered.
€380 is alot of money regardless of long hours/five days a week for any parent..majority will expect lower rate per hour if more hours...but I appreciate your in Dublin and am aware insured childminders are getting €10 an hr for two kids.

21/04/2016 22:48 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
That´s great money! I do just over the same hours,4 days a week & I get €180,transport & food included. I´m not registered but I have level 5,special needs,first aid & garda vetted. I´m in Kildare

re... : Rate to charge           reply
22/04/2016 06:25 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Bubbles, it´s easy enough process register and offer an insured service, a 10 hour qap course with your county childcare committe and your a qualified childminder (your way ahead with your qualifications), €20 to cro to put a name on yourself and advertise, if you wish to be kept busy you will be..however the greatest benefit is in the rate you´ll find parents will pay. Parents currently in childcare centres will contact you to move to immediately as invididual attention, less bugs, flexibility, freedom for child/ren to be out and about in real world etc...

discussion forum terms & conditions

;