Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Query about the Cost of minding 3 in my own home.

re : Query about the Cost of minding 3 in my own home.           reply
16/07/2013 16:09 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
you should be paying 10 an hour and if school runs are expected sonetimes then fuel money will need to be paid to

Query about the Cost of minding 3 in my own home.           reply
02/07/2013 13:27 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay (Locality: Cork)
-----------------------------------
Hi

Just wondering how much i should charge for my 2.5 year old twin boys and their 5 year old brother to be minded in my home from 8.30 -5.00 3 days a week.

The 5 year old will be in school till 1 and I will be able to drop and collect from school most days.

Another query i have is that I´ve seen post stating that if a child minder is in my home and I am am an employer i am liable to pay Emp PRSI and deduct tax for them etc.

How does this work does this cost come out of the gross amount agreed or should it be paid on top of the the agreed rate. I have seen it mentioned in other threads that if the children are minded in the carers home the person can be self employed but not if they come to mine. Is this really the case ?
In the past I worked in a company on contract as a self employed person and paid my own tax and PRSI at year end. Just wondering why/if childcare would be different?

My boys are in creche now but would like them to be minded at home but not sure about all the extra management overheads.

Thanks!

M

discussion forum terms & conditions

;