Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Plz help 16 month old wont sleep

Plz help 16 month old wont sleep           reply
22/07/2013 12:51 - Ask Mother Hen (Locality: Kildare)
-----------------------------------
hello
I have a 16 month old daughter who is driving me around the bend. she refuses to sleep she used to be such a good sleeper. she used to sleep from 7 till 7 now its 10-11pm till 7-8am. she is miserable during the day due to lack of sleep but hyper when it comes to bedtime. i have a routine for her so i don´t know what to do.

she used to sleep during the day for 2 hours but we stopped that because she wasn´t sleeping at night now she doesn´t sleep at all her routine is she gets a bath at 6 every second night then a few snacks at about 6:30 normally fruit or toast/porridge at seven we get her room ready for the night and into her pj´s( if she hasn´t had a bath) then we read her books to relax her she stays in bed for 20 minutes then keeps getting out and then for two/two and a half hours we are putting her back in.

i am at my wits end me and my partner no longer relax in the evenings and all i want to do is cry or pull out my hair.

I will take any advice or suggestions please please please

re : Plz help 16 month old wont sleep           reply
01/08/2013 17:59 - Ask Mother Hen
-----------------------------------
try mayb a bit of music the rom at night or the mobibles which givs ot a pic on the celing mite help sooth and a change in your tone when speaking so she and knows your serious when you tell her to stp messin and its sleep time :)

discussion forum terms & conditions

;