Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Pick up/drop off!

re... : Pick up/drop off!           reply
24/09/2013 12:00 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
yes, def charge, I find school runs a hassle and you´v fuel costs. Its an extra on top of the hours worked. Plus consider later what would happen if you took on another child/ren and couldnt leave your house.

re : Pick up/drop off!           reply
23/09/2013 10:16 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hi there,
Yes I would charge for petrol. I was in a similar situation a few years ago, I used to collect child in the morning and started to drop home in the eve as a favour to mum as she was pregnant. I was still doing it when the new baby was three months old. Start as you mean to go on or you will be a doormat . Incidentally I was ironing shirts, emptying washing machine/ dishwasher, putting clothes on line peeling potatoes, putting out bins and waiting for tescos to deliver her shopping and then I had to put it away. Thats a doormat!

24/09/2013 09:45 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
no probs, sorry for rant.

Pick up/drop off!           reply
22/09/2013 07:41 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay (Locality: Dublin South)
Hi would love some advice!

Minding baby full time in my house at 5e an hour but I am asked to pick baby up in the morning from his house then mind in my own house for the day and drop back again in the evening. (Journey 10 minutes by car). No additional charge offered for this. Would you charge petrol money?

23/09/2013 10:16 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hi there,
Yes I would charge for petrol. I was in a similar situation a few years ago, I used to collect child in the morning and started to drop home in the eve as a favour to mum as she was pregnant. I was still doing it when the new baby was three months old. Start as you mean to go on or you will be a doormat . Incidentally I was ironing shirts, emptying washing machine/ dishwasher, putting clothes on line peeling potatoes, putting out bins and waiting for tescos to deliver her shopping and then I had to put it away. Thats a doormat!

24/09/2013 12:26 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
yes definatly charge petrol money as your saving them petrol on the drop off and pick up

24/09/2013 09:28 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Thanks for reply Rush!

discussion forum terms & conditions

;