Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Omega 3 for kids .....Back to School

Omega 3 for kids .....Back to School           reply
26/08/2007 17:25 - Pre-school / Montessori
-----------------------------------
Hi has anyone else tried Omega 3 for kids to improve concentration and behaviour? It´s a bit pricey and I was just wanting to see if anyone has used it before and what the results where. My 10 year old son has very poor concentration which seems to be particularly worse at the start of the year.

Thanx
Montessorimom xx
www.illistrinmontessori.com

re... : Omega 3 for kids .....Back to School           reply
27/08/2007 20:46 - Pre-school / Montessori
Hi Izzie
Thanks for your reply. Yes i think the IQ caps are much the same thing. Youre right though when u say its hard to know if its because of the caps as to whether their concentration improved, but I do think it helps. My 10 year old has really poor concentration and a can´t be bothered attitude. I am going to have to work hard with him to get settled back into the routine in September. Wish me luck !!!

Kerry
xx

re : Omega 3 for kids .....Back to School           reply
27/08/2007 16:18 - Pre-school / Montessori
Not sure if it´s the same thing but I used the Eye q (Fish Oil capsules) for my kids for a couple of months. Also a bit pricey. My son´s teacher mentioned that his concentration was very weak (mind you he was only six at the time) but I knew what she meant. I tried the capsules for about four months. His concentration definitely improved over the course of the school year but like all things it is hard to know whether to attribute it to the capsules or whether he naturally matured! In any event I intend giving the kids another boost for the first three months of this year.

re : Omega 3 for kids .....Back to School           reply
19/07/2011 11:17 - Pre-school / Montessori
I saw this stuff advertised in the Independent last week, seems to be new in Ireland and especially aimed at kids and seems to be very high concentrate of Omega 3: http://www.idealomega.ie/category/1-ideal-omega-taste.aspx

discussion forum terms & conditions

;