Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Need advice about dealing with school board of management

re : Need advice about dealing with school board of management           reply
28/09/2006 19:46 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
-----------------------------------
As far as I know all dept of ed funded schools are required to provide their enrolment policy in writing. I would imagine it is the same with the pre-school scheme as it is also Department funded. Why not write in requesting a copy of their enrolment policy and see how they respond to your request?

Need advice about dealing with school board of management           reply
26/09/2006 19:52 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
Trying to secure a place for my child in our local school´s early start pre-school scheme. He is on a waiting list at present and I am seeking some answers to their enrolment policy. Has anyone out there experienced similar difficulties...

re : Need advice about dealing with school board of management           reply
04/02/2007 12:42 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
HI noodles, i got the criteria from the department of education for early start. basically they say there are two criteria one that the child is from an underpriveleged background and the last that they live in the catchment area. now i have early start in my area and know for a fact that kids in it are not underpriveleged or deprived. eg my friend who has 3 kids and doesnt live in the area has her own business and rents out 3 houses had all her kids go. i got on to the school basically pretending i didnt know anything, and had to meet the head mistress. Not a very nice woman very condescending. anyway as i was leaving mentioned casually when will i know if my child gets a place, she said places are allocated on the basis of
1. children with siblings in the school
2, children of past pupils
3 children from the area
4. children from outside the area
and lastly the child must be staying in the school
i know this is wrong but went along with it, have my daughter registered in another school with a better reputation but will take her out of the schoolw hen the time comes, and may be willing to argue my rights
did you experience the same problem

discussion forum terms & conditions

;