Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Moving child with dyslexia from Gaelscoil?

Moving child with dyslexia from Gaelscoil?           reply
28/05/2020 09:10 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
-----------------------------------
I have a son who is dyslexic in 3rd class in a Gaelscoil. All children in this school tend to transfer to secondary Gaelscoil also. We have been offered a place in a local English medium school to start in Sept. 2020. We feel inevitably he will have to move from his friends for secondary school as Gaelscoil would not be a good option for him.

I would love to hear from others if they have changed schools and what their experience of the change was. Was it worth it academically and emotionally? Is it better to have a few years to make new friends?

Thanks. DM me if you prefer.

re : Moving child with dyslexia from Gaelscoil?           reply
22/10/2020 21:49 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
I´m curious did u get replies, my daughter is 2nd class with the same issue, we are wondering should we move her

re : Moving child with dyslexia from Gaelscoil?           reply
21/12/2020 10:48 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
It is better to move schools. Dyslexia is an issue that tends to hinder a child´s growth like all other problems. Frankly, forcing him to stay in a school that caters to the general public could only stress him out. Please move to a school that specializes in helping people with dyslexia. Teachers in these facilities tend to know not only how to cope and have a steady growth but also how to find ways to progress in life.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;