Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Looking for baby for infant observation

Looking for baby for infant observation           reply
28/05/2019 10:48 - Miscellaneous
-----------------------------------
Hello, my name is Tracy and I am looking for a family living in Dublin or the neighbouring areas to participate in an infant observation.

Having completed my undergraduate studies in psychology, I have embarked on a four year post-graduate MA programme in psychoanalytic psychotherapy.

A central element to my training involves a study in infant observation, whereby I observe the first two years of an infant’s development in a non-intrusive capacity. This involves visiting the family, once a week for one hour.

The aim of infant observation is to aid the development of my observational skills which I will require for later therapeutic work. Many mothers who have participated have found they obtained much fulfilment from observing the remarkable changes in their baby over this early period.

No identifiable details of the family will be revealed either verbally, within the academic environment, or in any written documentation. All trainees are Garda vetted, and a letter of confirmation from the college is available.

As a mother myself, I do appreciate the extent and commitment involved. If you are a new mum or are pregnant, or know somebody who can help me, I would be happy to answer any questions, so please feel free to contact me.

Many thanks,

Tracy Dorgan

Email: @gmail.com">dorgantracy@gmail.com

Ph: 0876979006

discussion forum terms & conditions

;