Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Irish Schools in Celbridge

re... : Irish Schools in Celbridge           reply
11/10/2007 15:43 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
-----------------------------------
I just went onto the www.Citizensinformation.ie and found this school in celbridge! I don´t know anything about it. But I´ll give them a ring next week and get more info. But if anyone knows of anyone who sends their children to this school feedback would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks, Sandra
Scoil Naomh Padraig, Hazelhatch Road, Celbridge Co Kiladare, Mixed Gaeltacht School CATHOLIC

11/10/2007 18:47 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
Gaeltacht school???In Kildare??If it´s not on the Gaelscoil site I´d wonder..I´ll check the dept site and come back

31/10/2007 17:42 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
it´s mixed -there is a free bus in the morns and afternoons at the st wolstans exit-the side where the new estate(where the londis will be!).It´s father green-at the priests house-main st ,celb,(can´t spell it).it seems nice-full of eager new parents who are keen to get involved, but the flip side is the population may be quite transient due to the amount of asylum seekers in it etc.which can be hard if your kids make pals.or theres always primrose hill ns-but they are quite strictly c of i. good luck!

Irish Schools in Celbridge           reply
10/10/2007 15:14 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
Hi, I have an 18mth old boy and I am considering putting him into an Irish school. Does anyone know if there is an Irish school in Celbridge and would they recommend it? Plus if anyone sends their children to Irish schools can you let me know what the benefits are? Thanks, my head is wrecked!!

31/10/2007 10:15 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
Hi, I had heard about the new school, St Patricks, its probably obvious by the title, but is this a boys primary school? Do you know what the priests name/number is that is taking submissions? I would be very interested in this as this school when is moves to the GAA grounds will be very close to my house! I´ve knocked the idea of an Irish school on the head simply because there isin´t one in Celbridge. The Creche that my son is currently in will drop and collect him from school while I´m in work! So I need to stay in the celbridge area.. Thanks to all who have replied...

re : Irish Schools in Celbridge           reply
11/10/2007 15:36 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
http://www.gaelscoileanna.ie/index.php?page=bunscoileanna&chontae=cilld&lang=gaeilge

don´t think so, not according to Gaelscoil site anyhow

11/10/2007 18:57 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
Celbridge has five primary schools, Primrose Hill (co-ed, COI), St Brigids (girls, RC), Aghards (co-ed, RC), Scoil na Mainistreach (boys, RC) and North Kildare Educate Together (co-ed, Multi-D); one special school, Saint Raphael´s,(co-ed, RC) for children with a learning disability; two secondary schools; St.Wolstans Community School for girls (the only single sex community school in Ireland) and Salesian College Celbridge for boys. A sixth primary school, St.Patrick´s is due to open September 2007 on the Hazelhatch Road due to the rising population. Celbridge also has one of the very few Primary Montessori Schools in Ireland, The Glebe Primary Montessori School (est. 1978). Providing Montessori Education to children from 3-12 years

From Wikipeda...so don´t know how reliable that is...

re : Irish Schools in Celbridge           reply
30/10/2007 21:06 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
That isn´t an Irish school- the opposite in fact. The school population overwhelmingly non nationals. The priest in Celb is taking submissions at the moment. It is currently based in the old st.wolstans convent grounds beside the orchard garden centre, dublin rd. has a ´st.patricks primary´ sign outside.It will be moving to the site of the GAA club in celb early 2008. The nearest gaelscoils are in Maynooth-and Leixlip.Good reps I think-Maynooth slightly better-but thats subjective!Good luck and I hope this helps!

11/10/2007 18:54 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
Name: Scoil Naomh Padraig
Roll Number: 20257C

Address: Hazelhatch Road , Celbridge , Co Kiladare

Principal/Director: ANNE MARIE O HALLORAN

Phone:
Fax:
Email:

Female Enrolment: 0
Male Enrolment: 0

Type: Primary Schools

That is the detail on the dept site..seems they have NO KIDs!!

discussion forum terms & conditions

;