Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

How much should I pay

How much should I pay           reply
08/09/2018 12:02 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay (Locality: Waterford)
-----------------------------------
I have 3 kids. 1 will be with the minder from 8.20-6 at the most sometimes it will only be from 11-6

The other two will need to be collected at 12 & 2.40 from school and dinner will need to be cooked

The minder will be needed for 3-5 days between Monday-Friday and will be off during all School Holidays as I´m a student in college so I´ll be off at the same times. I´m looking for someone who may be on social and just looking for extra income.

How much would ye pay?

I´m in Waterford City and the School is a 5min drive from my house

re : How much should I pay           reply
08/09/2018 12:04 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Also I should ask, if their grandparents were to mind them and cook dinner for us all (they live next to the school) how much would ye pay them?

10/09/2018 11:09 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
If you have a nanny in your house, you are their employer. Its illegal pay black market cash, doesn´t matter if its at/above minimum wage. You would be breaking the law and when found out revenue will fine you, you´ll have to pay what nanny is entitled to and pay back any welfare the nanny claimed with working undeclared. Don´t think you won´t be found out, its the nanny herself that will more than likely report you.
As for grandparents, ask them,...many grandparents mind their granparents helping out now and again and you can give a voucher/cash etc to cover their expenses/time while theyv your children.
As its termtime only youv great chance to reduce your childcare costs so much better be legit. Use a registered childminder or hire a nanny and utilise the grandparents if they willing and able.

21/09/2018 15:15 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
minimum wage is the least you can pay someone

discussion forum terms & conditions

;