Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

How much should I expect to pay

re... : How much should I expect to pay           reply
01/05/2015 06:52 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
hi,
I have been running a very successful childcare providers for the past 25 years,I have always found that providing a well balanced and cost efficient service will create a well known and well attended unit.
Yes I am a REGISTERED and INSURED childcare provider
Regards
Caroline

01/05/2015 15:22 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
I was involved in discussion recently with approx 30 insured cmers n yes we all agree parents all free to shop around so to speak and everyone are all trying to cut costs...but this issue of playschool or ecce free hours and looking to reduce cmers fee is a hot topic...worse if siblings n parent assumes the €5 per hr is for the playschool child so €15 reduction per day.., I always explain the discount follows the eldest child preparing them for afterschool if situation did arise...
many cmers are letting go families of playschool to have fulltime preschoolers instead, at expense of cmers as their hearts broken at loss of loved child but financal decision.,,also if you need your car for sch runs the cost of class II is extra,
I must admit I did assume you unregistered, my apologies and so as many parents read these forums n quote stuff its important that parents realise the insured cmers have overheads, which put them at disadvantage to uninsured cmers in their charges often...parents must appreciate this premium if they want kids in an insured environment....
every self employed cmers run their business the way it suits them and yes, I appreciate wev to offer value or yes we simply wouldnt be busy but also rates vary considerably based on location...I dont charge bank hols, or xmas hols etc and also offer term time only so too many weeks of year im earning zero...to not charge for playhours hours is a step too far for me especially as id be on call with no possibility of filling those three hours...

30/04/2015 13:00 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Caroline, your one in a million I´d say discounting for playschool hours...any registered and insured cm simply can´t reduce for playschool as school runs involved which costs fuel, cmers class II insurance and hassle if disrupting other minded children...

re : How much should I expect to pay           reply
28/04/2015 18:12 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
€8 an hr, even while ur little one in playschool, some might charge for fuel.. Food might be included or extra...

How much should I expect to pay           reply
28/04/2015 11:59 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay (Locality: Meath)
I will be looking to have my 4 year old and 6 month old minded 4 days a week from about half 8 to half 5. My 4 year old will be in preschool so will need to be collected and dropped each day.

Could anyone advise what I should expect to pay for a childminder in their own home?

Thanks

re : How much should I expect to pay           reply
30/04/2015 09:43 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
hi I would charge 5 euro per hr. for the baby for the full day and 3 euro extra per hr for the pre- school child.
I never charge when the child is in playschool

discussion forum terms & conditions

;