Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

How much should I charge as a nanny?

re... : How much should I charge as a nanny?           reply
11/04/2013 21:30 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
Hi, could you pm me the name of the agency? I´m trying to figure what I am entitled to, I don´t mind working a little bit below what is minimum but I need to pay the bills! Unfortunately it´s hard to get temporary work in a créche, especially when I haven´t yet completed my degree, although I think I have the equivalent of the NVQ level 5 or 6 because i´m most of the way through my degree. Thanks all for replying.

re : How much should I charge as a nanny?           reply
11/04/2013 21:45 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
pmd you the name,
Good luck.
You will need garda clearance before you start, the agency usually expect you to have it but can sort it if not, it takes about 12 weeks ish and is done through barnardos. or at least it used to be when I had mine done, good luck

How much should I charge as a nanny?           reply
11/04/2013 17:10 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay (Locality: Kildare)
Hi all,

I´m a student in my second year of a 3 year education degree. I´m looking to nanny this summer, but I´m not sure how much to charge. I´ve been looking online, and some websites are telling me 400-500pw for fulltime (which works out at roughly 8.65-10€ ph) and others are telling me only 5€ ph, so that´s quite a scope. I have a range of experience with kids (summer camps, au pair work, working with disabled children etc) and have been babysitting for 8 years so I´m not exactly new to childcare. Any help would be useful as I want to be affordable but I need to pay my bills too!

11/04/2013 20:34 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
people who are qualified. tend to get paid more.if not the rate normally starts at 5 euro

11/04/2013 21:15 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
A nanny generally gets between 10-13 euro per hour.
About 12 being the going rate but depends on hours, how many kids, duties expected.
Nannies can be qualified and unqualified depending on what sort of nanny the family want.
Most full time nannies I know earn between 500-600 for a full week, that is a start of about 7.30am , finish about 6pm, prepare all snacks, bring children to activities, ballet, soccor etc.
You would be an employee of the family also and entitled to holidays etc.
It might be worth looking at a very well known agency in City centre, (wont post here as it may be deleted)
They are always looking for good nannies. :)
Best of luck.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;