Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

How much for 3 siblings 3 days a week

re... : How much for 3 siblings 3 days a week           reply
01/12/2016 14:26 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
Thank you all very much for advise. I am going to speak with her and hopefully come to a mutual agreement.

25/11/2016 09:05 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Thanks for reply. No qualifications or childminding experience(apart from her own grown up children) and no to first aid, garda vetted etc. She is minding her grandchild too. I haven´t priced around as it´s a small community and everyone knows everyone! Would I be fair in thinking €50 or €55 a day? Forgot to say one of the 3 days I collect at 4.30/5. Thanks

re : How much for 3 siblings 3 days a week           reply
30/11/2016 08:28 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Sorry forgot to tell I have proper car insurance ( 1500 a year with 4 years no claim bonus ), proper house insurance and childminding Ireland insurance.

29/11/2016 13:08 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
I would have thought that that was a bit on the low side myself. If you start by working out €5 per hour per child and then give a discount of 10% for siblings in comes to about €67.50 a day factoring the shorter days. That is how I would work out a rate, but it really depends on what both you and the minder are happy with. It needs to be affordable for you, but it also should be a rate that the minder feels she is being appreciated. Is she is paying for food, petrol, PRSI and house insurance etc? Will she be paid for bank holidays etc. Will the rate change when the kids are off school? An open conversation with the minder as well as drawing up a written agreement would be very helpful for you all I feel,
best of luck
Katie

25/11/2016 07:02 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Rate depends on status of childminder..has she qualifications, experience, insured, first aid, garda vetted etc. Car insurance to carry minded children is absolutely needed. Watch ratios.
Have you priced who´s available in your area? Compare what they are offering.

How much for 3 siblings 3 days a week           reply
24/11/2016 10:27 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
We live in a rural area. Can anyone advise how much is the going rate to pay a childminder to mind 3 siblings for 3 days a week. Before school from 7.30 - 9 including school run and then collecting from preschool at 12, school at 2 and school again at 3. I collect then at 6pm 2 days and 5pm one of the days.
All advice appreciated. Thanks

30/11/2016 08:24 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
I´m in rural area too. I´m minding 3 kids, 8.15-5.30, will be in their house until 9, will drop one to playschool and other to big school, bringing 18 months old to my house, collecting one at 12.10 , other at 2. Bringing them home for 5.30 ( 12 km ) . Parents provide their food. I´m qualified, insured, Garda Vetted, First aid, with 10 years experience , paying tax, prsi and charging 65 a day. They paying half when parents taking holidays to keep a space. And half pay on bank holidays.

29/11/2016 17:42 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
I would echo Katies response but as youv stated her situation ie uninsured she must be cheaper for you to take the risk. Ask her and see. Minding her grandchild is completely different to minding other people´s children and she may not be aware of her responsibility in ensuring an insured environment. No harm mentioning it and see her response.
Definitely price around, if someone is quoting very low they either inexperienced and will soon look for more money/give up or are over ratio. Definitely ask her draw up a contract or volunteer if she doesn´t want do one.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;