Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

How much do I pay childminder?

How much do I pay childminder?           reply
19/07/2017 20:52 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay (Locality: Wicklow)
-----------------------------------
I have 3 kids. 2 are in school and one will only be starting montissori in September. I have someone interested in the job in minding them in my own home but she doesn´t know how much to charge and I don´t know how much I should be paying. It´s a full time job 5 days a week 9 hours a day. Could anyone give me advise please

re : How much do I pay childminder?           reply
20/07/2017 10:54 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
In kids own home, its minimum wage at least as youv to register as the employer of your nanny, issue a contract, payslips etc. Ring revenue they are very helpful. The rate will increase based on duties, her experience, qualifications etc. Check your house insurance re her cover and check her car insurance re your kids if car needed. If she´s looking cash you could find yourself in various tricky situations in the future, especially with revenue as its your responsibility to register.

29/09/2017 17:21 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
As mentioned by Minderofchild, if minder is working in your home they are deemed to be employed by you so you are responsible for registering with revenue. Wages should be at least minimum wage, although for 3 children I think you could expect to pay more than that.

re... : How much do I pay childminder?           reply
30/04/2019 12:08 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
just like an employed person you pay tax on earnings above £7475 a year, which is £143 a week
I work with childminders and they all pay differ net amounts as they all have different amounts of income
Some have 3 children all week, some have children only 2 days a week, some have after-school children only, so they are all different
So if your net income, after expenses is more than £143 a week you will be liable for tax

02/05/2019 09:10 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
My cm charges £4.60 an hour for the youngest and dd1 gets a small discount. As I understand the general practice is for a cm to charge while your oldest is at nursery so you would also be paying 8-6.30 for them. This is because they cannot fill the space for your oldest during the nursery hours. Some childminders can offer the funded spaces for your oldest but it depends on their qualifications and certifications etc...
However, the prices etc vary so much from area to area as do the charging policies for each childminder. The only way you are going to get an accurate cost is by ringing around those local to you.

re... : How much do I pay childminder?           reply
16/05/2020 21:15 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Why are people talking pounds and not euro.?

discussion forum terms & conditions

;