Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Helpful suggestions For Eczema?

re... : Helpful suggestions For Eczema?           reply
02/05/2011 20:51 - Childrens Health
-----------------------------------
Hello there this is Jozefina i could help you will the eczema problem : A person or a child suffering with eczema they have to avoid use of all soaps .
To use an anti-inflammatory creme.
Tha anti- inflammatory that aloe vera creme does( ALOE PROPOLIS CREME) is amaizing on individuals suffers of eczema . The creme has anti-bacterial, anti-fungual, and anti-inflammatory properties. It is a natural creme with 100% aloe vera and it has been tested by the Internationa Aloe Science Council and meets the Existing certification standards . If you do feel that you would like for information please do not hesitate to contact me.

01/11/2010 14:50 - Childrens Health
I heard of fish oils that are supposed to be very helpful also.

re : Helpful suggestions For Eczema?           reply
28/10/2010 15:28 - Childrens Health
Hi, I would also like to know of any natural remedies anyone has? DD has very, very bad eczema and none of the creams are helping so far. Would really like to try something new before any sort of infection gets a hold.

Helpful suggestions For Eczema?           reply
27/10/2010 17:48 - Childrens Health
Sorry. This has probably been asked before but I was wondering of good tips for childhood eczema. I´ve tried a few creams but they seem to irritate my DD´s skin even more. I´m also afraid of cortisone based products in case they thin the skin too much. I presume that some products work better for some people than others. Any natural remedies that can be recommended please? Thank you.

30/10/2010 22:54 - Childrens Health
Many of the treatments for eczema are quick fix but don´t get at the root of the problem at all. An allergy test is always a good starting point. Then, using a cream or whatever, when you are also working on what might be triggering the eczema, could be a two-pronged approach.

28/10/2010 17:28 - Childrens Health
I tried all the creams too, to little avail. What I found worked best of all was Eskimo Oil. It´s available in most chemist and it is taken on a spoon (like cough mixture). It oils the skin from the inside out. It´s not cheap but it is wonderful. Hope that helps.

01/11/2010 22:19 - Childrens Health
Hi,
My child too has bad eczema so i know what you are going through. I would recommend that if your child has really bad eczema you should get referred to crumlin hospital for professional advise and support. we are under Prof. Irwine care. please do not be scared of steroid creams, with proper use they really are fantastic. recommended (1) i have heard (not from crumlin)to increase the omega 3s, i have heard stories of people doing this and eczema disappearing...flax oil has very high levels! Need to make sure your child can tolerate flax
(2) bathing, every day if possible, skin is cleansed, therefore reducing bacteria, lessening chance of infection and mosturisers are absorbed better. Aveeno oatmeal sachets added to each bath, not too hot and short baths -10 min
(3) moisturise morning and night.
(4) cotton clothing next to skin.
(5) do not allow child to overheat and put a wet sponge on top of radiators to keep moisture in air
(6) get tested for possible allergens and avoid them
(7) reduce stress for the child
(8) non bio detergents only, try SureCare detergent in tescos, use liquids not powder and do not use fabric softener.
sorry i could write a book............but finally get professional advise so your childs skin is in good condition and therefore a happy child. it can be managed with help

03/09/2014 08:49 - Childrens Health
One of Remedies that helped our Daughter Eczema was using Natural Soaps. It looks surprising though. Market is flooded with Commercial Soaps
which has detergents in them. Natural element Glycerin is removed from the soaps. That makes skin dry. Natural Soaps on the other hand contains
the natural Oils.
Yousaf Soaps
Facebook: Yousaf Soap

03/05/2016 19:56 - Childrens Health
Hello
Have you ever heard of Juice Plus? There have been many testimonials from mums who have children with Eczema and after adding Juice Plus to their child´s diet there has been a massive change in their skin.
If you would like more information or for me to add you to the testimonials group PM me.

28/10/2010 17:52 - Childrens Health
Couple of other links on schooldays.ie re eczema which might be useful

http://www.schooldays.ie/thread/Cotton-school-uniform-0808181301

http://www.schooldays.ie/education-news-item/Parents-offered-eczema-advice-19739676

01/05/2011 14:52 - Childrens Health
I´m thinking you might try to help your child from inside, if cream is not working.
one of the ingredients of herbal drink Alveo is red clover, which seems to be helpful for all skin conditions including eczema, allergies, and other skin conditions

Red clover is rich in isoflavones, including genistein and biochanin A (an antioxidant which protects against cells aging). Used as an antibiotic, it has been used in fighting bacterial infections and dealing with kidney and liver diseases. Over the years it has been tried with some success as a tumor and cancer remedy (for breast and prostate cancer in particular). Red clover has also been used as a treatment for skin disorders, such as eczema and psoriasis, as it claims to cleanse the blood.

01/11/2010 14:50 - Childrens Health
I heard of fish oils that are supposed to be very helpful also.

28/10/2010 23:05 - Childrens Health
Thank you Derby and Schooldyas. That´s very helpful.

22/07/2011 08:24 - Childrens Health
Hi my son suffered from eczema for years and tried everything until a new friend recommended a product call Forever Living Aloe Vera it is 98% natural, now i was desperate to try anything cos every morning his back would be red and so itchy and his poor legs, no matter what i put on him the relief was short term, anyway we got this gel for him to drink so it would start healing from the inside and every day use an Aloe soap in his bath and every morning and evening use a Aloe cream or gelly and within a matter of a few weeks his skin was healed.The Aloe has a natural antiflammatory so i felt good not pumping his little body full of chemicals,it is worth trying and please contact me and i can give you more information on the product and where to get it.,

discussion forum terms & conditions

;