Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Hear say accusations

re... : Hear say accusations           reply
27/05/2016 19:05 - Ask Mother Hen
-----------------------------------
I would definitely get onto the minister for education or department of education and talk to them about it

Hear say accusations           reply
25/05/2016 15:57 - Ask Mother Hen (Locality: Cork)
My child is being falsely accused of something in school because the people he hangs about with are involved in said something.the seriousness of it is such is that they could all end up being expelled.i feel the school has made its mind up but all they have is hear say no proof or evidence whatsoever but say that "they need to do what´s in the best interest of the other students!"i am highly annoyed and when I challenged them on certain things they said during our meeting,all they say is "we can´t say". What can I do to prove my child has nothing to do with this because if the school has its way he won´t be let back in September!

27/05/2016 17:48 - Ask Mother Hen
I have experience this fist hand myself as a child in school I was being bullied by a teacher who was always putting me down and belittling me . He was a regular customer in my fathers shop and would aways pretend everything was all right when he met my dad . It wasn´t until my friend started have the same problem and his mother told mine that they started taking notice but again nothing was done. Another time I was suspended from school for protecting myself from a bully . I have a friend in the Uk who lost her son Jack to a brain tumour at the age of 6 his brother was bullied in school and was even told by the bully he was glad his brother died and that his family who spread awareness for children with brain tumours were making a big deal out of his death. In the end a premier league footballer went to the school on his behalf and raised hell . Is your son in any sport club or group? What I would suggest is getting a character reference for his coach and giving it to the school. Don´t let it go especially if you are in the right

re : Hear say accusations           reply
27/05/2016 16:53 - Ask Mother Hen
The school must have solid evidence to back their allegations otherwise they don´t have a case I would find out who the inspector are for your sons school maybe contact the educational board. And let them know what is happening. Ask to have a meeting with the board of management but you will find they all back each other up I wish you the best of luck

27/05/2016 18:29 - Ask Mother Hen
my son was bullied too in primary school first by two classmates and then the principal so the next year we changed schools which was the best thing we did but this,this is in a league of its own!i can believe the school would be so quick to judge an innocent child based on "hear say" with no concrete facts!the year head is out to get my son and his pal expelled,he said said as much.the only one who should be leaving that school as far as I am concerned is the year head!

27/05/2016 17:53 - Ask Mother Hen
I would go over the principles head find out who´s responsible for carrying out inspiration at your sons school education or Department of Education should be able to tell you I would suggest telling the principle you will go to the media or Joe Duffy and saying you will tell them your story no school wants a bad name he won´t be long about changing his tune then

27/05/2016 17:33 - Ask Mother Hen
Thanks Matt.
I agree that the school will stick together and protect its own,I saw it this morning when I had a second meeting about it!i got the impression their minds are made up and my son is guilty as charged!im not letting this go and will fight to prove his innocence.his year head has it in for him which doesn´t help either,he´s a Wesley little man and likes to "play the man".i went to the principal for guidance but instead wasted my time as they closed quarters and the walls went up!so where to next ...

27/05/2016 18:48 - Ask Mother Hen
That´s a disgrace you clearly need solid evidence before making allegations like they especially when a child is involved. Unfortunately teacher like to think they are well educated and know it all a bit of power goes to their heads and some lack common sense

27/05/2016 18:55 - Ask Mother Hen
That´s what she kept saying,how all their years of experience blah blah blah clearly they have NO IDEA if this is how its handled!its like saying"oh I heard you held up and robbed that shop,I have no concrete evidence but if that´s what was said then it must be true so still you´re going to jail!" RIDICULOUS

discussion forum terms & conditions

;