Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Good primary school in Dun Laoghaire

re : Good primary school in Dun Laoghaire           reply
18/09/2008 10:50 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
-----------------------------------
Hi daisy, you may have already made up your mind! but I am new to the site and am only seeing your post now, my children go to Dominican Convent in Dun Laoghaire. I am very impressed with the whole school set up - they have average class sizes, but in many of the older classes they have 2/3 teachers to teach children with different levels of ability so no one gets left behind. They have a very strong anti bullying policy. lots of after school activities like chess, football, basketball etc , although some of these would be from first class and upwards.
This year they have a home- school liaison & she is busy meeting new parents and organizing interesting things for parents to get involved with in the school and days out for parents to get to know each other. I hope some of this has helped and if you have any other questions don´t hesitate to ask. ;)

Good primary school in Dun Laoghaire           reply
05/07/2008 16:46 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
-----------------------------------
Does anyone know of a good primary school in Dun Laoghaire? We have our sons name down everywhere (he´s only three) but I´d like to know what the national school is like here. It´s the Dominican School; does anyone know anything about it? Also the Harold School in Glasthule; we´re not in the parish and seem to be very far down the waiting list. Any comments would be appreciated.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;