Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Going rate

Going rate           reply
14/05/2018 09:42 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay (Locality: Dublin South)
-----------------------------------
Hi

I am new to all this. Recently had a baby in April and will be heading back to work in October.what is going rate for child minder looking after 1 baby in own home or in child minders? Thanks a million Helen

re : Going rate           reply
14/05/2018 11:16 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hi Helen,
It depends what you’re looking for. A childminder minds in their own home and would be on average €5per child per hour. They take care of their own taxes, registration, courses, insurance etc. A nanny minds in the child’s home and is your employee and you would have to provide tax, insurance etc..and rates can vary more! This is my understanding anyway. Rollercoaster.ie has a forum on childminders that you can find lots of info on it. Congratulations on baby and best of luck x

re... : Going rate           reply
15/05/2018 06:33 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
As you are in Dublin childminding rates are naturally higher. Their is a reported issue of lack of supply of registered childminders in majority of the country so October could be tight to find a fulltime space. The insured childminding environment is valued. Have a look for registered childminders on Childminding Ireland and your CCC and see who´s available/prices etc in your area.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;