Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Fully Qualified Primary School Teacher Available for Grinds

Fully Qualified Primary School Teacher Available for Grinds           reply
29/10/2008 15:42 - Homework
-----------------------------------
I am a fully qualified primary school teacher.
I am available for grinds in south and west Dublin in your own home to allow your child to learn in a safe and familiar environment.
I offer an individual education plan specific to your child’s needs with realistic targets and progress reports.

What you can do to help your child:

Often a child that is struggling in school can lose confidence in their ability. This can lead to a lack of motivation and a great deal of stress for the child.

There are some things that you can try to help your child;

Talk to your child and really listen to them. Their performance in school may not be related to academic ability but rather because of a situation with another child / children.
You can talk to their teacher(s).
Set realistic targets for your child. (e.g. getting 10/10 in a spelling test may not be realistic, instead set a target of 7/10 to begin with.)
Celebrate success (no matter how small).
Provide a suitable study area for homework with no distractions.
Ensure they eat a good breakfast before leaving for school in the mornings.
Offer help with homework but do NOT do it for them – they will never learn if you do it for them and they will fall further behind in school.

If you feel that grinds are a solution that would suit your child’s situation, I warmly welcome all enquires at; primarytuition@gmail.com or on 0872152179.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;