Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Full time nanny - two children

Full time nanny - two children           reply
11/05/2018 16:01 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay (Locality: Dublin South)
-----------------------------------
Hi! Looking for some advice on reasonable pay for a full time nanny (45-50 hours per week). We have two children (almost 3 yr old and 11 month old). We have a lovely nanny who works part time for us while I am on maternity leave. She does not have qualifications but has very good English and is very kind. We have offered her a full time position for when I return to work.

Duties will be to bring the 3 yr old to and from crèche (4 min walk), prepare lunch, keeping the kitchen and living room in some order. No cleaning floors or the like and no dinner preparation . Sick days and holidays (5 weeks) fully paid of course. We hoped to offer €11.50 per hour which results in weekly pay of €517 - €575 per week. However she has turned down the job insisting she would need at least €12 per hour and min €600 per week regardless of how many hours we need her and that we hire a cleaner to ensure the environment is kept well and she is not over burdened. so this could work out €15 per hour for a 40 hour week. I assumed €517-€575 per week would be ok...am I crazy? Starting to wonder if we can afford a nanny at all.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;