Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Finding information on a new school

Finding information on a new school           reply
01/04/2007 19:53 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
-----------------------------------
My family and I are moving to Newcastle West soon and cannot find any info on primary schools in the area. Can anyone help us with a bit of info. We know that there are three schools and we would like to know a bit about them. Thanks

re... : Finding information on a new school           reply
10/04/2007 16:11 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
Hello again!
I found this website that has information on all the schools, primary and secondary in Newcastle West. It´s a few years old, but most of the information is the same.
http://homepage.eircom.net/~asduchasdochas/gatewaywest/ncw/site/html/education1.html

re : Finding information on a new school           reply
10/04/2007 16:00 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
Hi Kovu,
I´d be delighted to help you. I´m not a parent myself, but I´m a teacher who went to school in Newcastle West and who now teaches in one of the primary schools there. Yes, there are three schools in the town, one is girls only, one is boys only, and one is a Gaelscoil. There are also quite a few smaller country schools in the immediate vicinity of the town. For obvious reasons, I cannot give too much away online about any of these schools. I have worked in all three in the town and they are all equally excellent schools, very caring and approachable staff, reasonable class sizes, very rarely over 30 kids, most would average on 27-29. As I said, I am a teacher in one of the schools and if you want to email me to discuss this privately, I´m quite happy to answer any questions you may have.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;