Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Fair rate?

re... : Fair rate?           reply
04/06/2014 20:59 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
Ya that´s for drops and collections to preschool and primary school and my own child goes to the local preschool. 1.6lt car. That why I think 10e a day extra is justified, to cover that cost.

05/06/2014 10:53 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
I charge by the hr if parents unsure of how many hours needed or they only need a few hours....nearing 8 hours I apply a date rate, most parents have asked me for a day rate as cheaper for them....

05/06/2014 10:48 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Its 5euro for one child but add a sibling it 7euro per hr for me but most do 8 I read. See what parents say now youv asked, have your costs re fuel added up, if your doing a special school run for them...I do feel if you going anyway with your child, its a tricky one.....

04/06/2014 18:44 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Thanks for your opinions, I went ahead and asked earlier (before I read these!!), so will just have to wait and see. I dont know any minders that charge by the hour. Is that 5e an hour per child?? If that was case id be getting 120 a day nearly.
I do feel I am paid fairly but I drive aprox 35km per day for the school runs which is costly.

04/06/2014 20:43 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
thats quite a distance to drive.what litre is your car.for a 1 litre car the cost would be 18 euro.a 1.2 would be around 23/25.and a 2 litre would be 30/35.you need to ask for petrol expenses as you are paying out of your own pocket.

Fair rate?           reply
04/06/2014 12:42 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
I am childminder the 3 kids, 6,4 and 1 in my own home along with my own 2 kids. Hours 7.30/8-6ish 3 days per week. One school going one preschool, I do all collecting/drop offs. We agrees a price of 220per week when we started as this was rate parent had agrees with another childcare facility. This breaks down to just under 25 per child. I am thinking to ask for an increase of 10e per day. Problem is we are neighbours and it was a casual arrangement to start but now I feel I work very hard and should be getting a little more.
Any opinions /advice welcome :)

re : Fair rate?           reply
04/06/2014 15:01 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
I think your been fairly paid as most get paid per hr rather then how many children and a lot of girls I know are only getting 5 euro an hr

re : Fair rate?           reply
04/06/2014 15:54 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
I have to agree, its a fair rate. Its tough with three siblings, alot of work for not much more money (iv few sets of siblings part-time). Perhaps if youv a long way to travel, you could ask for fuel money but you could be rocking the boat too much. Also would the job be easily replaced if you lost the job?

05/06/2014 14:16 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
My own child goes to local preschool, 5 mins away, minded children are in different schools 5/10 mins away so by time I have them all dropped collected that´s how the mileage adds up.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;