Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Cost of After School Care?

Cost of After School Care?           reply
25/08/2016 22:14 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
I am going into the second year of using the same childminder for my two children (11 & 6) who she minds in her own home. She is charging me €10.00 p/h which includes her collecting my youngest at 1.30 from school (my oldest gets dropped to her house at 3pm) and providing a sandwich..I get home the latest at 5.30 Monday-Thursday.. I could only use her occasionally during the summer months due to the cost per hour.. During school term last year she was minding my two children along with two others. This term she only has my children so far. I am just wondering is €10 an hour a bit steep or what is the going rate, Thanks :-)

re... : Cost of After School Care?           reply
26/08/2016 22:39 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Wasn´t ranting was just curious...Thanks for the replys

re... : Cost of After School Care?           reply
28/08/2016 07:22 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Agree, it´s great rate especially if she´s insured and the childminder is obviously very pleasant and her home geared towards childminding if your 11yr old likes going to her.

re : Cost of After School Care?           reply
26/08/2016 12:26 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
So this lady collects your daughter, brings her home safely, I would hope chats to her about her day, perhaps helps with homework, provides a snack ( would probably provide more if you asked) . It´s lovely that both your children get to be together. € 10 is steep? Not at all. Nothing personal, but why do people feel that childcare in this country should be underpaid? I don´t understand it. Is the job not considered important enough. Please don´t see this as an attack on you, I know you are only posting a general query but the subject really annoys me.

re : Cost of After School Care?           reply
26/08/2016 14:24 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
For part time that´s the going rate to be honest, in fact a good one too, especially if including food, as many charge pick up fees etc on top of hourly charge!!
€10 per hour is nothing, for two kids, pick up and food!!
I understand full time it would be a lot but only a few hours a day it is great!
For full time (outside school term) I´d imagine she could work a day rate but for part time you´re doing well

discussion forum terms & conditions

;